A Few More Details About The Laugh Floor

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
The Laugh Floor Comedy Club -- Magic Kingdom guests will laugh, joke, sing songs and match wits with the beloved animated characters from the Disney presentation of Pixar's "Monsters, Inc." in an engaging and interactive attraction being created by the Disney Imagineers. The Laugh Floor Comedy Club features the one-eyed hero, Mike Wazowski, who has opened a comedy club to collect laughs that will generate electricity for the monster world of Monstropolis. As Monster-of-Ceremonies, Mike recruits two comedian wanna-bes whose slapstick humor delights and engages audiences. The fun reigns at a 400-seat theater in Tomorrowland. (Early 2007)

I know most of this has been discussed, but I had never seen an actual seat number and the details about 2 comedians.

nelsonj3

That's very interesting. So, I guess the "patented" lean-rails from Timekeeper have been replaced with 400 Seats.
I wasn't really sure if they were sticking with the circle-vision in an interactive format or if they were abondoning it for something else. I guess that confirms it.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
I was never fond of the lean rails b/c they were uncomfortable. Plus if you want ed to turn around you weren't going to be on the rail

maggiegrace1

imagineer boy said:
Yeesh. I'm still really not likeing this. The whole line that says "guests will laugh, joke, and sing songs" says it all. :hurl:

Oh please.....What do you want the guests to do..cry,get mad, hit each other...will it be fun then....?

dxwwf3

Thanks for the info. I'm still not very excited about this, but it COULD be good. I hope that Sully makes an appearance. We all know what happened the last time only ONE major character of a movie duo was put into an attraction don't we?...............*you can throw a rock and hit it from The Laugh Floor* :lookaroun

jaredliu

STR8FAN2005 said:
And how exactly would that fit in with the Tomorrowland/MK theme? This isn't Universal Studios...
I guess Universal made you crying and mad cause there is no princess and fairy tales for you. haha....

imagineer boy

STR8FAN2005 said:
And how exactly would that fit in with the Tomorrowland/MK theme? This isn't Universal Studios...

It wouldn't fit either way, but the un-fun version would be the one I'd perfer.:lol:

Just imagine....

Mike Wazowski: And I said, that's not a laugh cannister, that's my wife!

*several children start crying*

*all of the parents start getting mad, and start hitting each other and beating each other up*

*a guy with blue face paint stands up and declares war on strollers*

*everyone agrees, and set up a bond fire of burning strollers and dance naked around it*

*Mike tries to tell more cheesy jokes, but someone has thrown the digital projector into the bond fire. And later, a group of mobsters, led by the E:E brid, carry out the CM who did the voice-over for Wazowski and throw him into the inferno of burning stollers*

*The mob storms around WDW, burning every single crappy attraction at WDW including SGE, Pooh's Playful spot, Tiki Room UNM, the ugly Soarin qeue, Oh Canada, the wand, the hat, LMAX, and finally Pocahatnas and her forrest friends.*

Yes, I have nothing better to do.

maggiegrace1

imagineer boy said:
It wouldn't fit either way, but the un-fun version would be the one I'd perfer.:lol:

Just imagine....

Mike Wazowski: And I said, that's not a laugh cannister, that's my wife!

*several children start crying*

*all of the parents start getting mad, and start hitting each other and beating each other up*

*a guy with blue face paint stands up and declares war on strollers*

*everyone agrees, and set up a bond fire of burning strollers and dance naked around it*

*Mike tries to tell more cheesy jokes, but someone has thrown the digital projector into the bond fire. And later, a group of mobsters, led by the E:E brid, carry out the CM who did the voice-over for Wazowski and throw him into the inferno of burning stollers*

*The mob storms around WDW, burning every single crappy attraction at WDW including SGE, Pooh's Playful spot, Tiki Room UNM, the ugly Soarin qeue, Oh Canada, the wand, the hat, LMAX, and finally Pocahatnas and her forrest friends.*

Yes, I have nothing better to do.

Apparently...:rolleyes: :hammer:

RSoxNo1

dxwwf3 said:
Thanks for the info. I'm still not very excited about this, but it COULD be good. I hope that Sully makes an appearance. We all know what happened the last time only ONE major character of a movie duo was put into an attraction don't we?...............*you can throw a rock and hit it from The Laugh Floor* :lookaroun
That's really not fair, Stitch's Great Escape didn't fail because other characters from the movie aren't in the chamber, it failed because a pitch black kids attraction was a bad idea, and nobody likes the scent of chili dogs. If your "one major character" rule is to be applied throughout Walt Disney, then Buzz Lightyear is a bad attraction (you're welcome to your own opinions, but it's a popular attraction).

imagineer boy said:
Yeesh. I'm still really not likeing this. The whole line that says "guests will laugh, joke, and sing songs" says it all. :hurl:
Imagineer Boy, what is it you look for in an attraction? What are your favorite attractions?

dxwwf3

RSoxNo1 said:
That's really not fair, Stitch's Great Escape didn't fail because other characters from the movie aren't in the chamber, it failed because a pitch black kids attraction was a bad idea, and nobody likes the scent of chili dogs. If your "one major character" rule is to be applied throughout Walt Disney, then Buzz Lightyear is a bad attraction (you're welcome to your own opinions, but it's a popular attraction).

The post wasn't supposed to be taken seriously. Sorry about the confusion :wave:

Steamboat_Kevin

The Laugh Floor Comedy Club should be pretty cool, Monsters Inc. is a great film and I trust they will make a quality attraction from it. Plus, it has seats! :sohappy:

Pongo said:
The Soarin' queue isn't ugly.
Agreed, I liked it a lot!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom