A Disney thing....That people do

graphite1326

Original Poster
As I was in line to Kali River Rapids a couple getting off handed my DW and I their ponchos. We both looked at each other and put them on. After we rode we handed them off to someone else. I wondered it this went on for the rest of the day. What other place could this happen other than at WDW?

graphite1326

Original Poster
That was one of the things I loved about the old FP system- handing off unused paper FP's. There was nothing quite like seeing a family's day made when another family would give them FP's for a ride they were about to wait 2 hours for :):)
Good point

Disnee4Me

Pay it forward ... love the idea. My mama, in her mid-90s, and her gentlemen friend (late 80s) --- yes she is a cougar --- ended up in all places but Denny's once on Thanksgiving, as they couldn't get a reservation anyplace nice. A young couple (in their 30s maybe) with two young kids paid their dinner bill. When mom & George went to thank them, they said they were happy to do it because they were "thankful" for good health, for themselves and their children. So sweet ... brings tears to my eyes even 2+ years later.

Cubfan300

At the end of our last visit, I had DDP points left over. Waited by the end of the line at POP until a family came through. Dad was wearing an Operation Enduring Freedom hat, so I asked if he had served in theater. He said that he had and I told the cashier that I would be taking care of their meal. As I work for the Army, I always seek out veterans wherever I can and try to do something nice for them. He was planning on paying cash for his meal (even though it was October and Free Dining was in play) and was so happy because he now had a little spending cash for them to get souvenirs.

Last edited:

bethymouse

Some very nice lady gave us her stroller during the night parade and Wishes, as she was leaving. We just returned it for her. Our boys were 3, and sleeping on my parents' scooters/lap. God bless her for giving us the stroller ( a double one). The adults were able to enjoy the rest of the evening while the boys slept.;)

diznyboyz

As I was in line to Kali River Rapids a couple getting off handed my DW and I their ponchos. We both looked at each other and put them on. After we rode we handed them off to someone else. I wondered it this went on for the rest of the day. What other place could this happen other than at WDW?
We have handed off ponchos too.

3Caballeros

That was one of the things I loved about the old FP system- handing off unused paper FP's. There was nothing quite like seeing a family's day made when another family would give them FP's for a ride they were about to wait 2 hours for :):)

We would enjoy doing this too.
I remember one time it took like 4 tries before my DH found someone to take the passes. I think it was a late evening on a slow day so fast passes were not in high demand. But I definitely remember joking with DH about how long it was going to take him to give them away.

Matt

Logan and Olivia's dad
Premium Member
We've been on both ends of this and not sure which is more satisfying. Either way, going to miss seeing people's faces light up when we offer to give them our FPs.

Dwarful

Last summer at AoA we had 6 counter service meals left on our DDP. We found a family of 6 and asked them what they would like to order...explained how the plan worked. They had purchased mugs so they were even more excited to get milk and juice and pastry for breakfast. For them it was like getting two meals for free.

One year as we were waiting for the parade one of the CM who was selling balloons had sold all but his last two. He walked up and gave them to our girls. We tried to pay him for them but he refused.

HouCuseChickie

Back in 2010, a mom and daughter approached us in the lobby of WL. They had one of those big princess balloons. They couldn't bring it home with them, so they wanted to give it to some other little girls who might enjoy the balloon. The catch...we had to pass on the balloon when we were getting ready to go (because those balloons last a LONG time). So, when we were getting ready to check out, we found another family and passed on the balloon again.

Takeitforgranite

Back in October, we had people offer us FPs on 4 different occasions.

There have been several times when I have tried to give some away, but people look skeptical and refuse. I guess they think I want something from them.

James Clifton

Awhile back,I was contacted by a friend who said Jim, you know a lot of Military....I want to send you 6 knives to give to whoever you choose.Do Not give my name or address....just tell them it's from an old VET...& thank them for their service! These were EXPENSIVE knives! I did as he requested.....ever see a young RANGER with
tears in his his eyes....or a old SOG troop studder his thanks.One....guy looked me in the eye & said...please
thank the VET! I informed the VETof each troops response.I also sent the VET a gift & thanked him for allowing me to give the gifts.It was an HONOR!!

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
In 2004, my sister, 86-year old grandmother, and I found a spot on Main Street for Spectromagic. Grammy needed a restroom, and being in a wheelchair, needed some assistance, so we asked if the family (mom, dad, and little boy) would mind watching our space. They said yes. So when we returned, they asked if we would do the same so that they could grab a snack for the boy and visit the restroom before the parade, and of course we said yes. When they returned, the Dad had two Mickey mylar balloons, one for the boy, and one for Grammy :) She kept it (deflated, hanging on her wall) until she passed away months later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom