A Disney Job

Disney4648

Original Poster
Okay, say I wanted to get a job at wdw. I would only get payed $6-8 an hour working a non custiodial job, maybe working at one of the resort or theme parks, how long would it take me to gain more seniority and go uyp another level
?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
You gain seniority from your first day being full time. Raises at WDW are based on seniority, and not performance, so it can get complicated.

cm1988

Complicated, indeed

Originally posted by mktiggerman
You gain seniority from your first day being full time. Raises at WDW are based on seniority, and not performance, so it can get complicated.
After a few months, you may be invited to attend "Disney Trainers". Then you receive a slight increase per hour... but only when training someone. A few are trained for Management. That opportunity might happen after a couple of years... occasionally sooner.

Office and technical roles are often the first promotion for cast members who - from the start - are looking for advancement. Many pay in the 8-12 dollar per hour range (with a few substantially more). Often such roles will not be advertised outside the company... and could be secretarial, statistical associate, control stock, data entry or dozens of other technical specialties.

TURKEY

Re: Complicated, indeed

Originally posted by cm1988

After a few months, you may be invited to attend "Disney Trainers". Then you receive a slight increase per hour... but only when training someone. A few are trained for Management. That opportunity might happen after a couple of years... occasionally sooner.

Or you could be a hard worker with almost no trainers at your location and get trainers pay. I got it for training 2 groups of new CPs while on mine. That extra little bit helped my paychecks.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
training is only like 50 cents more an hour... but every little bit counts.

I like my gig w/ WDW right now, and hopefully I'll get my position w/ Disney Theatrical soon

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom