A Different Key to the World Question

njBadLands

As I have posted before, my wife, son and I will be heading down to the World in a few weeks. We are booked for four nights at the Boardwalk Villas from February 11-15, but decided last minute to stay an extra night, so booked 1 night at Pop on February 10.

We have ordered a 5 day park hopper. My question is this: How will the key to the world work? I am assuming I will get one on my room key when I check in at POP? When I check in at Boardwalk the next day will the remaining park tickets be transferred over to a new key to the world? Was up with my 6 month old at 2am and for some reason this question made it hard for me to get back to sleep...:hammer:

Bug715

Yes the remaining tickets can be transferred to your new key to the world card. You will have to visit the concierge desk and ask them to do this for you.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Clarification question for the OP: How did you book/purchase your park tickets? Is the Boardwalk a package reservation that includes park tickets? Or did you purchase them separately?

If they were purchased separately, you'll either have gotten your tickets in the mail already, or you chose to pick them up at Will Call. Will Call tickets you can pick up at the parks. You can then use those tickets your first day. When you check into the Boardwalk they can encode the tickets onto your room keys.

If you booked a package reservation at Boardwalk that includes tickets, you will NOT get them at Pop. There is no way for Pop to get them, but you're not at a total loss.

If you don't plan on going into the parks on arrival day, then you don't have to do anything, and you'll just get your tickets when you go check in at the Boardwalk.

But if you need the tickets from the Boardwalk package what you *can* do (at least from every anecdote I've read from knowledgeable people on here) is that you can go to Guest Services at the *parks*. They can contact the Boardwalk and issue you the tickets from your reservation. This isn't a speedy process, and it may have to include a manager, but it can be done.
Use the tickets they give you, and then when you check into the Boardwalk, they should be able to take the tickets and encode them onto your room keys.

-Rob

Upvote 0

njBadLands

Original Poster
Rob-

Thanks for the insight. I was actually JUST going to attach tickets to my package today, but from what it sounds like I am better off not? Perhaps just order a 5 day ticket in my wife's name, have mailed to my house, and use day 1 (we are going to park after check in at POP). Once I get to Boardwalk, have them transfer them over? That sounds like the easier process.

Correct me if I read your response wrong. Thanks a bunch.

Upvote 0

njBadLands

Original Poster
Rob,

I was actually going to buy my tickets tonight, but if I am understanding correctly it would be better to buy separately then to add to my package. That way they will just mail me tickets and I can use them day 1 I check into POP at the park and then the remaining 4 days of tickets can be transferred more easily to my KTTW card at Boardwalk?

Upvote 0

Rob562

Rob,

I was actually going to buy my tickets tonight, but if I am understanding correctly it would be better to buy separately then to add to my package. That way they will just mail me tickets and I can use them day 1 I check into POP at the park and then the remaining 4 days of tickets can be transferred more easily to my KTTW card at Boardwalk?

Exactly. If you want to buy the tickets now (as long as they'll get to you in time for the trip), go ahead and do that. Or choose Will Call as your delivery option and pick them up at the park you go to on your arrival day.

Use the paper tickets for your first day (and the morning of your second day if you don't go immediately from Pop to Boardwalk). Then when you get your Boardwalk room keys you can go to the Boardwalk Lobby Concierge desk and they can take the paper tickets and encode them onto the Boardwalk room keys.

-Rob

Upvote 0

enchanted_belle

As I have posted before, my wife, son and I will be heading down to the World in a few weeks. We are booked for four nights at the Boardwalk Villas from February 11-15, but decided last minute to stay an extra night, so booked 1 night at Pop on February 10.

We have ordered a 5 day park hopper. My question is this: How will the key to the world work? I am assuming I will get one on my room key when I check in at POP? When I check in at Boardwalk the next day will the remaining park tickets be transferred over to a new key to the world? Was up with my 6 month old at 2am and for some reason this question made it hard for me to get back to sleep...:hammer:

See ya down there! We're 13-17 :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom