Pre-Trip A Cars, Stars and and all the boy things Disneyland adventure

The Who: From our 2017 Christmas trip. Top left to right Grandma, Handsome, Hubs, Moi, Paca
Bottom left to right Bear, Nene and Jet
(Everyone looks so little).

What: We have done the princess trips now Handsome is turning 4 and loves everything Cars and Star Wars so this trip is to celebrate our little man.

Where: Disneyland hotel standard view rooms.

When: October 11-19

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
We have 5 day park hoppers with max pass. We have tickets to the Oogie Boogie Bash. We want to do one character meal and the fantasmic dining package. Still deciding on world of color desert party. It’s been a long 22 months between trips. We can’t wait to get back to our happy place. Any tips, tricks or dining recommendations are appreciated!

Last edited:

youngdeb

You're going to have a great time! Cars Land is amazing! We've only done one character meal in DL and it was Minnie's Breakfast at The Plaza Inn. Tons of characters and the food was great!

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
You're going to have a great time! Cars Land is amazing! We've only done one character meal in DL and it was Minnie's Breakfast at The Plaza Inn. Tons of characters and the food was great!

I was looking at the Minnie’s breakfast. Handsome loves Mickey and Donald so I narrowed to the Mickey’s Tales of Adventure or the Plaza.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Plans so far:

Oct 11: Travel Day. Our flights leave at 4pm so I am hoping to work a half day and pull the kids out of school early. We have never pulled our kids out of school for a vacation so this entire thing makes me feel truant haha. After a ,fingers crossed, smooth flight we will meet my in-laws at LAX. Our flights both land at 6:00pm PST. We will shuttle over to enterprise and pick up our very large rental car. Hoping all our luggage fits! Make the drive to Anaheim ( grocery stop for essentials on the way). Checkin at Disneyland hotel.

youngdeb

I was looking at the Minnie’s breakfast. Handsome loves Mickey and Donald so I narrowed to the Mickey’s Tales of Adventure or the Plaza.

We didn't see Mickey or Donald at the Plaza so Storytellers may be better. The Plaza was great since there was a large variety of different characters, but the only one out of fab 5 we saw was Minnie. What we love about Disneyland is all the characters roaming around, not necessarily at specific meet and greet places. Definitely keep your eye out!

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Day 2. Since we purchased max pass and we are staying onsite I really want to take advantage of extra magic hours to get a jumpstart on fast passes. Saturday we would plan to start at DCA extra magic hours. Lunch at a quick service. Suggestions? I am debating if we should do any special dining this day for either World of Color or Fantasmic? Also, if anyone knows what the fireworks or nighttime show schedule typically is this time of year? I know they don’t do as much during the week so I am trying to plan our weekend days to maximize nighttime shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom