Trip Report **COMPLETED** A Boardwalk Babymoon

Hey guys! I have been back for awhile and to be honest I was not planning on writing a Trip Report because I have a lot going on right now. However, I was looking through all my pictures the other day feeling a little sad about not writing one. So...here we are! To be honest this was a long trip so this is probably going to take me forever to write (especially since I have a few trips coming up) :)

Ok...let's get down to it !

Who?
My Mom (Mary), my sister Jill and myself (Megan)
This is from our last trip together in Feb 2020
B01111DF-1BFF-4B69-9A13-AFD2F4DE6906.jpeg

When?
May 20-30, 2021

Where?
Boardwalk Villas - staying on DVC points!

Why?
Jill and her husband Nick adopted a baby! If she is ok with it I will post a photo at some point of him. Funny enough we planned this trip before they got matched with a baby! They have been going through the adoption process for over a year and we thought it would give her a boost if we gifted her this trip! Literally like 2 weeks after we officially added her to the trip she got the call! It was perfect timing!! The baby was born just last week :) Also side note my Mom and I were supposed to be in Disneyland/on an Adventures by Disney tour this trip which is why it was so long :)

Day 1 - May 20, 2021
My Mom stayed at my house so we could drive ourselves to the airport instead of waking my Dad up super early on a Thursday.
We got up at 3:30 am, got ready and headed out the door!
We made it to the airport and found the best parking spot! I was so happy ! It was our first time driving ourselves to the airport :hilarious:
I avoided an overweight suitcase thanks to a home scale so.....phew!
Took some photos when we got there!
5CAFE456-CA26-4B73-9437-56714D6C597D.jpeg

DC037E6D-2378-44DA-98AB-0C40E9EA0EC1.jpeg

249E834C-8D7D-4D75-93EE-DB258687645A.jpeg

tempImage4w0LgG.jpg

Oh I should mention that Jill came a few days later!
We were starving so we tried to rope drop our usual breakfast place...
tempImagep7S4L3.jpg

But...it was supposed to open at 5 and it did not so we ended up eating cookies and licorice :hilarious::hilarious:
tempImagent7sFd.jpg

966AF3B7-F068-4C22-A59C-FAB265457FE1.jpeg

New sparkle Magic Bands
tempImageB1n1dY.jpg

Plane selfie !
tempImagebdmzJR.jpg

Next up: more traveling !

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Oh my gosh!!! Welcome Ezra!! It seems like I'm stalking your report, but I'm doing my one catch up for the day! :joyfull:

:inlove: Thanks! And sometimes I feel like I am accidentally stalking trip reports too!

I am sure they have been getting this a lot. :hilarious:

Beautiful view...and another favorite hotel peaking in the background!

Welcome Ezra! Congratulations Jill and Nick! So excited for them and your family! ☺️

I loved the view !! Seeing Tower of Terror was so cool!
And thank you!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Congratulations to Jill and Nick on their new addition! He is gorgeous! Looking forward to your trip!

Thank you so much!

Congrats to Jill and Nick! Such an exciting time for the two of them! I have to ask though, but was he named after a certain hitchhiking ghost from HM? (Lol)

No....but I did point out that fact to them :p

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Ezra is so sweet! I totally hear your sister’s overwhelmed-ness. It’s a lot. We just welcomed our third, and holy bananas, we are exhausted. The best thing friends did for us was send food gift cards. Not having to cook has been a lifesaver.
Can’t wait for Ezra’s first trip report appearance! Are there plans yet?

Awww congratulations! I took your advice and got them a Door Dash gift card! No plans for a trip yet !

Do Want Scooby Doo GIF

Here btw.

🎶it was good🎵
(anyone remember that song???)
View attachment 565480
Congrats on the new nephew!!! So cute!❤️

Thank you....I do not remember that song :hilarious:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I can't imagine how overwhelming a new addition would be but I hope their hearts are full of love and happiness, even if they are completely overwhelmed. Everyone is clueless at first with this parenting thing. Also, I'm so glad she has family nearby to help out!

This is Disneymagic at it's finest! Those short wait times ----or shorter than expected---are simply magic! I'm really excited about the People Mover, too! It wasn't open when we went in Nov.

AND You can see the TOWER OF TERROR!!

Sooo lovely!! :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

I loved our view it was so awesome !!! It is nice we are so close to my sister so I can make my way over all the time to see him :hilarious:

What a cutie. Have you gone a bit crazy buying him disney themed clothes yet?

Not yet actually - I have really restrained myself :hilarious:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
OMG! Ezra is adorable! He will look precious in all the Disney & Bills themed clothes that are in his future!

Aww thank you! And yes lots of both of those things !!!

Just curious, why do you call it fonorail? Also, to get the magic bands to work do you need to stop at the front desk at check in?

Fonorail = fake monorail :)
And no we did not need to stop at the desk to get them to work

Doc Disney

Original Poster

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 May 21, 2021
Since we went to bed so early we got up at 6 am :hilarious:
We took our time getting ready and grabbed a Boarding Group :)
DD16FA6E-9078-478E-AFEB-ABBB5032A13F.png

Then we headed down to the Boardwalk Bakery to grab some "breakfast" - aka treats!
I got a brownie
tempImage2sEmio.jpg

And my Mom got a cupcake
tempImageW8ytaM.jpg

Breakfast views...
tempImageDOZYC9.jpg

I love the DVC rugs :)
tempImageURnNdI.jpg

We walked over to DHS and got there around 8 am (for a 9 am open).
It was already very crowded.
tempImagenRh4n7.jpg

I was wearing my Baby Yoda hat :)
tempImagewLvPah.jpg

We were a little nervous because this was way more people than we had at an opening in February ....
tempImageET8FQD.jpg

Ok I don't usually mention other guests but the people behind us were the worst. They complained the whole time we waited about multiple things. They blamed Disney because one of them lost a Magic Band on Aerosmith o_O. Then they were like "Disney does not even open on time it's well after 8." I could NOT let that one go (probably to my Mom's dismay) so I finally turned around and said "you know the park does not officially open until 9 am right?" They were like OHHHHH and said that did reset their expectations. The Dad was like well that makes sense since the Skyliner was not open as early as they would have thought. They were still mad about the Magic Band though :cautious: I'm pretty sure I was texting @sheriffwoody my thoughts instead of saying them out loud :joyfull:
Anyway - the park opened around 8:20 and if you know you know that we headed right to Toy Story Land.
tempImagetbjwM3.jpg

tempImagegS94gG.jpg

Next up: more DHS

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom