Trip Report **COMPLETED** A Boardwalk Babymoon

Hey guys! I have been back for awhile and to be honest I was not planning on writing a Trip Report because I have a lot going on right now. However, I was looking through all my pictures the other day feeling a little sad about not writing one. So...here we are! To be honest this was a long trip so this is probably going to take me forever to write (especially since I have a few trips coming up) :)

Ok...let's get down to it !

Who?
My Mom (Mary), my sister Jill and myself (Megan)
This is from our last trip together in Feb 2020
B01111DF-1BFF-4B69-9A13-AFD2F4DE6906.jpeg

When?
May 20-30, 2021

Where?
Boardwalk Villas - staying on DVC points!

Why?
Jill and her husband Nick adopted a baby! If she is ok with it I will post a photo at some point of him. Funny enough we planned this trip before they got matched with a baby! They have been going through the adoption process for over a year and we thought it would give her a boost if we gifted her this trip! Literally like 2 weeks after we officially added her to the trip she got the call! It was perfect timing!! The baby was born just last week :) Also side note my Mom and I were supposed to be in Disneyland/on an Adventures by Disney tour this trip which is why it was so long :)

Day 1 - May 20, 2021
My Mom stayed at my house so we could drive ourselves to the airport instead of waking my Dad up super early on a Thursday.
We got up at 3:30 am, got ready and headed out the door!
We made it to the airport and found the best parking spot! I was so happy ! It was our first time driving ourselves to the airport :hilarious:
I avoided an overweight suitcase thanks to a home scale so.....phew!
Took some photos when we got there!
5CAFE456-CA26-4B73-9437-56714D6C597D.jpeg

DC037E6D-2378-44DA-98AB-0C40E9EA0EC1.jpeg

249E834C-8D7D-4D75-93EE-DB258687645A.jpeg

tempImage4w0LgG.jpg

Oh I should mention that Jill came a few days later!
We were starving so we tried to rope drop our usual breakfast place...
tempImagep7S4L3.jpg

But...it was supposed to open at 5 and it did not so we ended up eating cookies and licorice :hilarious::hilarious:
tempImagent7sFd.jpg

966AF3B7-F068-4C22-A59C-FAB265457FE1.jpeg

New sparkle Magic Bands
tempImageB1n1dY.jpg

Plane selfie !
tempImagebdmzJR.jpg

Next up: more traveling !

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
We were in row 11 on the plane !
tempImage5NGh72.jpg

Some plane views. Our flight was super fast and we got there about 20 minutes early! Woohoo!
tempImage6AKECJ.jpg

tempImageQcL88H.jpg

Some fonorail photos !
tempImagenII7BX.jpg

tempImagevWC0nR.jpg

We decided to hire a car service for this trip since I really did not feel like dragging my luggage to DME. I miss luggage service so much!
It was so nice to a. have someone help with the luggage and b. not to have to walk very far!
tempImagec0JuI0.jpg

So much luggage ....so little strength to carry :hilarious::hilarious:
tempImageOb0UW8.jpg

Our drivers name was Donald...he was SO annoying :banghead::hilarious:
He talked in a Donald Duck voice most of the ride.
tempImagewJeBOp.jpg

tempImageOuACSb.jpg

tempImageTxtKmX.jpg

Next up: more Day 1

RememberWhen

So excited! Congrats to your whole family on the new addition! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip. BWV is our home resort, and we’ve got a trip planned there in October. I’m hoping things will have opened up more by then.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
tempImagexsvEMj.jpg

Despite Donald being super annoying the car ride itself was super nice and we got to the hotel SO early! We were there by 10 AM!
We got changed into warm weather clothes and stopped at the desk to change our credit cards around. We saw some characters while we were in line!
tempImage5dSORD.jpg

So cute!
tempImagexcojrq.jpg

tempImageNR6z5d.jpg

We headed to the bus stop to head to MK!
FC625C42-2761-4E3D-A149-818EDA006CC3.jpeg

I got a new camera so we were playing with it....could not figure out the shadows still :hilarious:
9DE5B0E8-EB08-4888-8D3B-6A40AE3E3997_1_201_a.jpeg

527CFBB6-EBBD-4580-ABDF-CA60D1B72C3E.jpeg

AAD55826-4387-4D36-A2EB-D27B32106FB9.jpeg

We just missed a bus but another one came in 15 minutes!
B0700F28-770C-4755-9D63-C4478B892FCA.jpeg

900D5A73-86C6-4C0E-9F17-73A903997D7B.jpeg

Next up: MK!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Ohhh first in!! Yeah!
Can't wait to hear about your travels!
Edit, nope not first! 🤣 Oh well still excited to follow along!

You were close to the first ! :hilarious:

So excited! Congrats to your whole family on the new addition! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip. BWV is our home resort, and we’ve got a trip planned there in October. I’m hoping things will have opened up more by then.

Thank you!! We loved the Villas!!!! I hope to stay there again !

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom