Trip Report **COMPLETED** A Boardwalk Babymoon

Hey guys! I have been back for awhile and to be honest I was not planning on writing a Trip Report because I have a lot going on right now. However, I was looking through all my pictures the other day feeling a little sad about not writing one. So...here we are! To be honest this was a long trip so this is probably going to take me forever to write (especially since I have a few trips coming up) :)

Ok...let's get down to it !

Who?
My Mom (Mary), my sister Jill and myself (Megan)
This is from our last trip together in Feb 2020
B01111DF-1BFF-4B69-9A13-AFD2F4DE6906.jpeg

When?
May 20-30, 2021

Where?
Boardwalk Villas - staying on DVC points!

Why?
Jill and her husband Nick adopted a baby! If she is ok with it I will post a photo at some point of him. Funny enough we planned this trip before they got matched with a baby! They have been going through the adoption process for over a year and we thought it would give her a boost if we gifted her this trip! Literally like 2 weeks after we officially added her to the trip she got the call! It was perfect timing!! The baby was born just last week :) Also side note my Mom and I were supposed to be in Disneyland/on an Adventures by Disney tour this trip which is why it was so long :)

Day 1 - May 20, 2021
My Mom stayed at my house so we could drive ourselves to the airport instead of waking my Dad up super early on a Thursday.
We got up at 3:30 am, got ready and headed out the door!
We made it to the airport and found the best parking spot! I was so happy ! It was our first time driving ourselves to the airport :hilarious:
I avoided an overweight suitcase thanks to a home scale so.....phew!
Took some photos when we got there!
5CAFE456-CA26-4B73-9437-56714D6C597D.jpeg

DC037E6D-2378-44DA-98AB-0C40E9EA0EC1.jpeg

249E834C-8D7D-4D75-93EE-DB258687645A.jpeg

tempImage4w0LgG.jpg

Oh I should mention that Jill came a few days later!
We were starving so we tried to rope drop our usual breakfast place...
tempImagep7S4L3.jpg

But...it was supposed to open at 5 and it did not so we ended up eating cookies and licorice :hilarious::hilarious:
tempImagent7sFd.jpg

966AF3B7-F068-4C22-A59C-FAB265457FE1.jpeg

New sparkle Magic Bands
tempImageB1n1dY.jpg

Plane selfie !
tempImagebdmzJR.jpg

Next up: more traveling !

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
tempImage3qrWPZ.jpg

We waited a long time for a PP picture on Main Street and ended up getting out of line because we were cutting it close to our reservation time. We actually found another photographer a few feet away. This picture cracks me up :)
EA0416F8-0A61-4047-92E1-060DCEB3AE9A.jpeg

Anyway - our linner was at Crystal Palace so we checked in and had a short wait in the sun :)
We joked that we wondered it if was Friendship Day again and indeed it was :hilarious:
tempImageB9M9Tf.jpg

40211C75-AF62-46D0-8856-9BFB0A1FBC1B.jpeg

57379C9C-A1DA-4599-85AC-BE2D78313621.jpeg

We were really on the fence about this reservation. We were between Crystal Palace and The Plaza but this time worked better for us so we stuck with it!
Obviously it is not a buffet currently so it is a shared appetizer and dessert and a pick your own entree!
The salad to start - Mixed Greens, Cucumber, Tomato, Carrot, Pickled Onion, Candied Pecans, and Red Pepper-Dijon Vinaigrette
tempImagewCvdo6.jpg

And cornbread (Home-style Cornbread Muffin and Cheddar-Bacon Cornbread Muffin)
The regular cornbread was definitely better
tempImagenDFt8f.jpg

For entrees we both got the fried chicken with Mac and cheese and green beans
tempImageBNdOW7.jpg

And then for dessert: Peach Cobbler with Crème Anglaise, Banana Cream Pie, Hummingbird Cake, and a Honey of a Chocolate Cupcake
tempImage2RLGVO.jpg

Yum! Everything was actually so great!!! We were super glad we kept the reservation - we had a great meal and it was very relaxing. We just missed seeing the characters for sure!
Some photos on the way out....
tempImageVTna9k.jpg

Next up: more randomness

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
So I called down to Bell Services to have them bring up our luggage. Only...no one answered. I was on hold for over 30 minutes so I hung up. I called the "front desk" - aka someone off property and they could not get ahold of them either. So we ended up just going downstairs to get it ourselves. When we picked it up from the Valet desk they asked us if we wanted help. We said yes so he said ok I will grab Bell Services. We told him that no one was at the desk when we walked by and no one was answering the phone so the valet guy shrugged his shoulders and said sorry. So...we took them up ourselves :banghead::cautious: We were trying to avoid dragging our luggage ourselves but at least our room was not quite as far this time (as opposed to the hike it was to get to our last Yacht Club room)!
After unpacking (I super unpacked this trip....I loved having all that space!!) we headed down to Abracadabar !
Hello other pool....
tempImage8P2zfI.jpg

We were happy to see that Abracadabar was pretty empty inside!
tempImagePcybaU.jpg

We ordered two Conjuritas (this is an old photo....forgot to take one).
Conjurita - el Mayor Tequila, Cointreau, Simple Syrup, Lime Juice
tempImageR8rKdQ.jpg

We also ordered Abra fries (Parmesan Cheese, Gremolata, Truffle Cheese Sauce). Yes...we did just eat a 3 course meal....
tempImageDwQkFj.jpg

It was still pretty early at this point so we decided to walk over to Epcot (despite being exhausted).
tempImagemLapTO.jpg

tempImagegHpVSf.jpg

It was pretty crowded so we did not plan on going very far. Since apparently I did not eat enough I wanted to try something at L'Artisan des Glaces so we headed there. I got the Macaron ice cream sandwich - it was the seasonal flavor.
tempImageJJmSeo.jpg

tempImageU5cLGS.jpg

It was just ok....the vanilla part of the ice cream was better :hilarious:
After this we walked out and back the the Boardwalk.
We were exhausted by this point so we went off to bed at like 8 pm :)

Next up: Day 2

Ears to Disney

Oh man I missed the Peoplemover so much! I literally patted the seat when I sat down and said 'I missed you buddy" and the CM looked at me like what the heck crazy lady. :hilarious:
I am sure they have been getting this a lot. :hilarious:
Beautiful view...and another favorite hotel peaking in the background!

Welcome Ezra! Congratulations Jill and Nick! So excited for them and your family! ☺️

RememberWhen

Ezra is so sweet! I totally hear your sister’s overwhelmed-ness. It’s a lot. We just welcomed our third, and holy bananas, we are exhausted. The best thing friends did for us was send food gift cards. Not having to cook has been a lifesaver.
Can’t wait for Ezra’s first trip report appearance! Are there plans yet?

slipperalwaysfits

Thank you ! I am currently on the phone with Jill and she sounds...overwhelmed
I can't imagine how overwhelming a new addition would be but I hope their hearts are full of love and happiness, even if they are completely overwhelmed. Everyone is clueless at first with this parenting thing. Also, I'm so glad she has family nearby to help out!

Our gamble paid off and Space Mountain opened pretty soon after we got in line! It was immediately posted at a 45 minute wait but we only waited 15!
This is Disneymagic at it's finest! Those short wait times ----or shorter than expected---are simply magic! I'm really excited about the People Mover, too! It wasn't open when we went in Nov.
When we were walking to our room I was whining because we did not have a pool view and when I went on our balcony we did indeed have one :hilarious: It was of the quiet pool which is even better!
AND You can see the TOWER OF TERROR!!

Ok guys ! I asked my sister and she said it was ok to post a picture of the baby!
His name is Ezra
Sooo lovely!! :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

BrerWayne

Day 1 continued
We were in row 11 on the plane !
View attachment 564968
Some plane views. Our flight was super fast and we got there about 20 minutes early! Woohoo!
View attachment 564969
View attachment 564970

Some fonorail photos !
View attachment 564971
View attachment 564972
We decided to hire a car service for this trip since I really did not feel like dragging my luggage to DME. I miss luggage service so much!
It was so nice to a. have someone help with the luggage and b. not to have to walk very far!
View attachment 564973
So much luggage ....so little strength to carry :hilarious::hilarious:
View attachment 564974
Our drivers name was Donald...he was SO annoying :banghead::hilarious:
He talked in a Donald Duck voice most of the ride.
View attachment 564975
View attachment 564976
View attachment 564977

Next up: more Day 1
Just curious, why do you call it fonorail? Also, to get the magic bands to work do you need to stop at the front desk at check in?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom