A Better Look at HK's Space Mtn. Trains

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
RCDB has gotten hold of some nice shots of Hong Kong's Space Mtn. trains. These shots are newer and better than the one I've been posting here for a year or so.

Here are the photos.

Just to stir the pot...WDW's Space is REALLY falling behind now. :fork:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ha ha - pot well and truely stirred!

These look very very nice. One day maybe we`ll see something like this in Florida (but of course inline, not 2 abrest, which means more R&D etc...)

Possbily when Disney realise how dated WDW`s SM is compared to DLC, DLP SM:2 and HKDL and make the connection that the WDW version is the oldest something may get done. There again...

You can also bet TOLC won`t rest on their laurrels when they see their version looks dated compared to a) the version it is based on and b) the nearest other version. In a few years when out of the 5 SM`s worldwide 4 (assuming TOLC act) are new and Floridas is over 30 years old matbe TWDC will be embarrassed into acting in Florida. Assuming the new CEO cares that is.

ogryn

Unless attendance falls dramatically on Florida's version, I can't see them swapping it. Paris seem to be changing theirs to get an attendance spike, which Florida doesn't need.

You make a very interesting point about OLC though. Maybe TWDC are waiting for the OLC to pick up the development costs of a new Space Mountain before cloning it! ;)

Diego Lira

Its looks very cool................................................................ but for me I dont like the colors...........................................its seem very purple.........

dxwwf3

I believe it's clear that our SM is the worst of the bunch right now. Disneyland's will be better, Japan's is better, it looks like Hong Kong's will be better, and DLP's is a whole heck of a lot better.

Maybe we will see something done within the next 10 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom