Trip Report A 2-day marathon

My wife, daughter, and myself got some super cheap airfares a month ago. Our work and school schedules aligned, but we only had two days. Found a flight out of Philly on a Friday morning at 5:30AM. We live two hours away from Philly. We got up at 1:00AM on Friday, 9/20. Packed up and hit the road. Flight landed us in Orlando at 8:00AM. We picked up our rental car and headed right for AK. First ride was Flight of Passage; 45 min wait. We hit everything we wanted through the morning and decided to get lunch at RainForest. It was packed, but the wife has the Landry's card so we were seated immediately. Wanted something light because we were hitting the Royal Table at 9:00PM. I got the tuna poke bowl. Everything seemed well until about two hours later when leaving AK. The tummy grumblings started and, BOOM !, it began. For the next three hours it was pure hell. When driving back to our rented condo in Kissimmee around 4:00PM, I had to pull off 192 and rush in to use a Walgreen's facilities. Bought some Immodium and said a prayer. We rested up and hit Mickey's Halloween around 6:30PM. The night went well. We hit every ride we wanted. Space Mountain in the dark is crazy ! We had a great meal at Cinderella's Royal Table. The wine flight was phenomenal. We saw the parade, fireworks, and show. We returned to our room and it was 1:05AM. We officially were up for 24 hours on Day 1.
Day 2 had us going to Hollywood at 9:30AM. We went right to Star Wars. Stood in line for Smugglers Run for an hour, but it was worth it. Damn fine amusing ride. Did everything else, and made sure to do my wife's favorite ride twice; TOT. Next stop, Food & Wine at Epcot. This is our third time attending, and I've never seen it so crowded. Maybe because it was a Saturday ? Long waits in line for food, and the hot sun was beating down so we weren't very hungry. All in all it was a fine day, but the amount of sloppy drunks we saw was crazy. People loudly and blatantly using the F-word, N-word, stumbling all over. It was embarrassing to say the least. There were 50 security guards at the front gates of Epcot, but we didn't see one patrolling the field. They need to do something about it. Our intent was to hit Disney Springs and come back to Epcot for late FP's. We did hit Disney Springs because I had to get some bottles of Art Smith's Southern Hot Sauce from his restaurant. I can't find it anywhere online so I bought four bottles of that wonderfully delicious nectar. My wife and daughter bought some pins and did some pin trading. We bought our boys shirts at House of Blues and sat to listen to the Buddy Blues band. That's one tight band, and that guy can shred. Two JD and diet Cokes later, and I made the call that we were not heading back to Epcot. We called it a night at 10:00PM, and went back to the room to pack up for our 6:05AM flight. Got up at 2:45AM and headed back to PA. Landed at Philly at 8:15AM. It was a marathon. Feet and back hurt, but it was worth it. Back to work today to plan for a long weekend in December, IF, we can find cheap airfare.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom