News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
This really stinks. I was hoping/expecting Dinosaur to still be open next year when I'm there, probably in July. Do they really think it's wise to take the whole of Dinoland down for the the summer? Seems like a recipe for long wait-times and unhappy guests.

KDM31091

This really stinks. I was hoping/expecting Dinosaur to still be open next year when I'm there, probably in July. Do they really think it's wise to take the whole of Dinoland down for the the summer? Seems like a recipe for long wait-times and unhappy guests.
AK is going to be very strained for 2025 and 2026 it seems. And let’s be for real, probably most of 2027.

SaveDinosaur

Build the Encanto attraction, the Indiana Jones water ride that was considered a few years ago, and keep Dinosaur. The parks need more capacity and additional rides, especially Animal Kingdom. It's truly baffling how Disneyland gets so many new rides without needing to replace old ones, while WDW faces this kind of destruction...

KDM31091

Build the Encanto attraction, the Indiana Jones water ride that was considered a few years ago, and keep Dinosaur. The parks need more capacity and additional rides, especially Animal Kingdom. It's truly baffling how Disneyland gets so many new rides without needing to replace old ones, while WDW faces this kind of destruction...
Exactly. There is no need to get rid of dinosaur.

Gusey

I think the capacity issues will all depend on when It's Tough to be A Bug closes. If that stays open through Christmas, we know Zootopia is set to open for Winter 2025 to coincide with the new movie, so that will be one attraction back online by then.

Casper Gutman

I’m OK if they don’t put “so much thought” into crappy asphalt and a cheap carny area.

It’s a low bar to clear from that junk that was there.
Nah. Dinoland was a very witty, well-designed area with a lot of great details. I’m sad it’s going but I understand - it was probably too clever for its own good (and I really like Indy, so that cushions the blow). Still, Dinoland had the classic Disney parks humor, and that’s pretty much entirely dead now.

Sorcerer Mickey

I think the capacity issues will all depend on when It's Tough to be A Bug closes. If that stays open through Christmas, we know Zootopia is set to open for Winter 2025 to coincide with the new movie, so that will be one attraction back online by then.
I had this discussion on the forum before but Winter is officially December 21 to March 20, so Zootopia coming online in "Winter 2025" is either in three-to-six months or the very last week of December.

Notes from Neverland

Nah. Dinoland was a very witty, well-designed area with a lot of great details. I’m sad it’s going but I understand - it was probably too clever for its own good (and I really like Indy, so that cushions the blow). Still, Dinoland had the classic Disney parks humor, and that’s pretty much entirely dead now.
This is exactly how we feel about Restaurantosaurus. Intricate theming that's layers deep and a ton of jokes if you look around. Will miss this place.

KDM31091

This is exactly how we feel about Restaurantosaurus. Intricate theming that's layers deep and a ton of jokes if you look around. Will miss this place.
Not to mention it will be replaced by a bland beige box of a food court. Again I’d love to be wrong. But almost all recent designs have been cheap and lazy.

Timothy_Q

I believe this marks the first time Disney has ever removed a spinner in the company’s entire history. It is an occasion for celebration. One down…

*Not counting replacements/“upgrades”
They also removed Star Jets from TDL's Tomorrowland when they removed the speedway

Although in reality Baymax replaced Star Jets and the carousel will replace Triceratop

Gusey

I had this discussion on the forum before but Winter is officially December 21 to March 20, so Zootopia coming online in "Winter 2025" is either in three-to-six months or the very last week of December.
Whilst true, I'm sure Disney Winter is 1st December-28/9 January, and Zootopia 2 comes out November 26.

James Alucobond

I was assuming the restaurant would be part of the tropical village area and need a total gut and redo to match the look and tone of the new land...unless it is going to be themed to the archeology camp as it is now....
A gut of the interior is different from a full rebuild. I assumed you meant you thought they were razing the original restaurant, which they are not.
Yup. Dinoland was always going to get mixed reactions from the general public, but it’s always surprised me a bit that the fans are so negative about it.
It is an unattractive land, straight up. Or, at the very least, it is visually associated with something most people are primed to have an aversion to. Whether you "get it" or not, most people want experiences that take you to places you want to go, not places you'd rather avoid. There's a cleverness there to appreciate, but that's not enough, IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom