News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

djlaosc

I would not plan on it being open in May.
That's a shame... we were hoping for a "Hello EU, Goodbye RoA/Dinosaur trip" at some point next year, but Disney (and Universal) need to start issuing information/rough "seasons" of opening/closing dates - the secrecy is making it difficult to try to plan a trip for next year and I would rather be disappointed/rearrange now, rather than plan on something being open, and receive an announcement after booking - you would at least know when you wouldn't have a chance at seeing something, even if you couldn't guarantee it.

If you think about it:
  • in the UK, 2025 packages have already been on sale for 5 months now (and the extras/free dining probably only have around 1-1.5 months remaining).
  • 2/3 of the year is already available for booking by renting DVC points 11 months out.
  • 1/3 of the year is already available for booking by renting DVC points 7 months out

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
For reference, here are the conversion times for both versions of Tiana’s:

WDW- 522 Days (1/23/23 - 6/28/24)
DL -
535 days (5/31/23 -11/15/24)

And because it's brought up frequentlywhenever a retheme happens:

Frozen - 625 days (10/4/14 6/21/16)

So realistically it's safe to assume a 18ish month turnaround for Dinosaur to Indy is what we'll get

Last edited:

Mr. Sullivan

There will be pathetic shills on this board defending it.
I might regret asking this question but at this point what even is a shill to you? Everyone who enjoys something you don't? The word gets thrown around so much now I genuinely don't even know what you're trying to say anymore.

Also like...why constantly bring this up? You're saying this in a quote of post that in no way shape form or fashion prompted this kind of response.

Mr. Sullivan

I mean, what other reason could it be? I've heard they are a nightmare to maintain from a friend that worked on them.
Honestly on this one I think the reasoning is as simple as they have watched the two versions of this attraction have a large disparity in popularity for years. I would actually go even further to say that they could have placed almost anything else in this attraction as a retheme and it would boost the ride's popularity. Indiana Jones is just a proven solid marriage to this ride system.

All that to say, I don't think that this has anything to do with the animatronic upkeep. I think it's got everything to do with the ride just hasn't been much of a people pleaser for a long time now, and it's semi-twin across the country has been for years. That does sort of suggest that DINOSAUR's theme and content brought with it some obstacles that Indiana Jones does not. People clearly are not turned off by the thrill level and ride style, or else Indiana Jones Adventure wouldn't be as popular as it is.

I really, really like DINOSAUR, but of all the decisions for stuff they announced at D23, this decision seems to be the most straightforward and easy to explain.

Bocabear

For reference, here are the conversion times for both versions of Tiana’s:

WDW- 522 Days (1/23/23 - 6/28/24)
DL -
535 days (5/31/23 -11/15/24)

And because it's brought up frequentlywhenever a retheme happens:

Frozen - 625 days (10/4/14 6/21/16)

So realistically it's safe to assume a 18ish month turnaround for Dinosaur to Indy is what we'll get
I would guess longer since they have to build a whole new setting and temple/jungle queue, the restaurant would have to be completely rebuilt and all of the hardscape of the area needs to dramatically change to support the theme of the new area... This is a lot more involved than just a re-dressing of sets and a new theme song...I would put it more at 2.5 to 3 years...from whenever they decide to actually start... The Encanto area could start now since the only thing they would be losing is the Triceratops Spinner...

James Alucobond

I would guess longer since they have to build a whole new setting and temple/jungle queue, the restaurant would have to be completely rebuilt and all of the hardscape of the area needs to dramatically change to support the theme of the new area... This is a lot more involved than just a re-dressing of sets and a new theme song...I would put it more at 2.5 to 3 years...from whenever they decide to actually start... The Encanto area could start now since the only thing they would be losing is the Triceratops Spinner...
I'm confused as to what you mean about the restaurant needing to be rebuilt. Do you just mean that the interior needs to be gutted? The art and model still show the same general building, just with a few archways dressing the original patio area.

Bocabear

I'm confused as to what you mean about the restaurant needing to be rebuilt. Do you just mean that the interior needs to be gutted? The art and model still show the same general building, just with a few archways dressing the original patio area.
I was assuming the restaurant would be part of the tropical village area and need a total gut and redo to match the look and tone of the new land...unless it is going to be themed to the archeology camp as it is now....

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

gerarar

Premium Member

Phased Closure of Dinoland USA at Disney's Animal Kingdom Expected Before 2024 Holidays to Make Way for Encanto and Indiana Jones​

Still hoping that TriceraTop Spin can be salvaged/rethemed and be moved to another park, like at TSL at HS.

Would be a (huge) waste to just ditch and scrap it..

Marc Davis Fan

I believe this marks the first time Disney has ever removed a spinner in the company’s entire history. It is an occasion for celebration. One down…

*Not counting replacements/“upgrades”

Indy_UK

Phased Closure of Dinoland USA at Disney's Animal Kingdom Expected Before 2024 Holidays to Make Way for Encanto and Indiana Jones​

What are we waiting for? Close it now and get building......

Splash4eva

Could you hint if Dino will be open end of March/ beginning of April still?

KDM31091

I was hoping we’d get one more holiday season. Hopefully they will still decorate what’s left of Dinoland. But this still seems foolish to close things in an already light on attractions park during the busiest time of the year.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Gl

DAK needs as much capacity as it can get. This helps. But after the entire land closes, it’s going to strain the park.

Epcot81Fan

End of an (unfortunate) era.

The sun will finally set on Rohde's precious broken asphalt.

1727454937102.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom