News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

Bocabear

there were so many little moments that were just kind of magic... Now it seems like everyone is in their phones...partly because they have made it to where you have to be...reservations for rides, restaurants...It is all starting to feel too stressful to me... I would almost rather fly to Barcelona for 4 or 5 days... it is just about easier than a week at Disney...probably cheaper too...lol

Moth

Not saying this is happening so don’t put any weight into this, but if it meant keeping Enchanted Tiki Room, would you be okay with a similar update like what CBJ is getting? Birds singing Disney songs? Think, “How Far I’ll Go”, “I Lava You” and “ Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride”.
I want Japan's Stitch tiki room SOOO bad it's unreal.

Stitch is like, currently the most popular character with no 'home' in WDW. Tiki Room is where he'd do the least damage. You'd even have the ability to do the normal show still!

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No

Stitch is like, currently the most popular character with no 'home' in WDW. Tiki Room is where he'd do the least damage. You'd even have the ability to do the normal show still!
I grew up with Lilo and Stitch, and "Stitch Kingdom," and honestly, I hate him. Far too much Stitch when I was young.

aladdin2007

That was the plan years ago. I would take this instead of just throwing random Disney songs in it... They better wait to see how CBJ is received, all of this is getting a little too redundant copycat just slapping Disney songs into everything. But the stitch show would be worthy, IF its the tokyo version. Its adorable while retaining the tiki room as such. They could have followed through with this ages ago it makes no sense why they never did. Of course my dream is to see an Orange bird animatronic come up out of the middle where the fountain us to be and be in the show, with citrus all around. :)

JustInTime

I think it’s well done as well!!! I would be fine with this.

dreamfinding

They better wait to see how CBJ is received, all of this is getting a little too redundant copycat just slapping Disney songs into everything.

My issue with CBJ is that if they’ve done all this work to the AAs, does that mean we can get the Christmas show back? Would love to know why they didn’t consider Vacation Hoedown (I know the answer is IP, but desperately hoping that there’s another reason.)

Moth

I’d argue that the place where he’d do the least damage is Space Ranger Spin.
Also fair! But think about it, our Tiki Room lacks a fountain and could easily support the Stitch AA coming in and out of the center piece. Unlike Under New Management, most new Stitch effects can easily be hidden and can allow for both shows to cycle in and out.

Also I'm biased and would rather Stitch in Adventureland over Tomorrowland but I'd also be fine with Space Ranger Spin kicking the bucket, Toy Story being relegated to only it's land, and Stitch getting some non-merch love in the parks.

I grew up with Lilo and Stitch, and "Stitch Kingdom," and honestly, I hate him. Far too much Stitch when I was young.
I was born in 2003 so my relationship to him is much different. Stitch is good and it kinda sucks to see him not get much outside of "a bad show that's now gone" and "new merch" at WDW

That was the plan years ago. I would take this instead of just throwing random Disney songs in it... They better wait to see how CBJ is received, all of this is getting a little too redundant copycat just slapping Disney songs into everything. But the stitch show would be worthy, IF its the tokyo version. Its adorable while retaining the tiki room as such. They could have followed through with this ages ago it makes no sense why they never did. Of course my dream is to see an Orange bird animatronic come up out of the middle where the fountain us to be and be in the show, with citrus all around. :)
Woah, we WERE supposed to get Stitch? Neat! I also love your Orange Bird idea! I love that little guy so I'd be fine him popping up.

The Tiki Room is what inspired me to be an art major so I pray that whenever they touch it, they just try to play it safe/just add Stitch.

Bocabear

I would absolutely hate that...Seriously. Stitch was cute and all, and then I felt like Disney shoved him down everyone's throats until we hated him. I amm happy to have no stitch attraction currently...though I do think it would be fun to add the old stitch animatronics to the Peoplemover show scenes...like he is causing mischief all over tomorrowland....and let them all me full animatronics... That would help freshsn up things on the TTA....and add the all-important IP that Bob loves. those show scenes are tired and in general, the visuals on the People mover are lacking.

brb1006

While that is true, I think an orange bird meetable character could sort of act like the country bears walkarounds do, and serve as a roaming character around Adventureland that adds a little extra fun.
The Orange Bird used to exist as a walkaround character at Walt Disney World between the 1970s and 1980s.
Florida-Orange-Bird-signing-autographs-in-WDW-Magic-Kingdom-Adventureland-in-October-1974-696x696.jpg

TheOrangeBird1980s.jpg

He was retired from meet and greets in 1986.

brb1006

Even the little Ratatouille they used to wheel around the restaurant in France was great....

Oh I forgot about him!!!!! Yes!!!!! Went to eat there just to see him and he was incredible!

The waitress came by and said “would you like to meet the chef” - it was the definition of Disney magic!
I remember stumbling upon this photo online that was taken inside Les Chefs De France restaurant in the France Pavilion of Marie looking at the Remy AA sometime in 2009.

avk6zAJ73wsEMePRlqO33U3GkG_QWdLEolqvSop8ocM.jpg

The backstory of this photo is that a group of visitors actually witnessed Marie leaning against a glass window who followed Remy everywhere he went outside the restaurant's windows. The Waitress whispered, “Don’t worry, I will protect you,” to Remy.

At the time, Marie from The Aristocats used to do daily meet and greets at Epcot's France Pavilion the same time the Chef Remy AA was active. Eventually she was moved to the Magic Kingdom in 2012 until 2016 where she was among the few Disney Characters that ended up cut for budgetary reasons related to Shanghai Disney's grand opening. Maybe someday she might return to the Pavilion.

I miss little moments like this at Walt Disney World.

Last edited:

Haymarket2008

Not saying this is happening so don’t put any weight into this, but if it meant keeping Enchanted Tiki Room, would you be okay with a similar update like what CBJ is getting? Birds singing Disney songs? Think, “How Far I’ll Go”, “I Lava You” and “ Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride”.

Or give Orange Bird a spot in the show...a la Stitch. Insert the "Orange Bird Song" and you've got a hit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom