Dinoland USA = Terra Nova?

FettFan

Original Poster
Some years ago, Fox created a scifi drama series called Terra Nova… the plot was in a dystopian, polluted future of the 2100’s AD, mankind’s last hope was to create a time machine and travel back to the Cretaceous period for a new beginning.

Sadly, it was done in by the sad combination of middling interest against a ballooning budget; Fox pulled the plug after just one 13-episode season.

However there are a number of factors that could make it right for Animal Kingdom…
1. Disney now owns Fox

2. Time travel is a major plot device; we already have this with the Time Rovers

3. The series is based off humans trying to survive both the Dino’s and each other to create a better, more ecological civilization to help ward off the dystopian future.

4. Guess what the big bad dinosaur is?
CARNOTAURUS, which is already featured as the big bad of Dinosaur!

Besides, Disney can do well to dust off mostly-dead franchises for new rides and lands. (See: Tron) is

MarvelCharacterNerd

Will never happen but Terra Nova was a great show.

I'll add I gave the first season of La Brea a chance because it reminded me a bit of Terra Nova (and of course, Land of the Lost). Never went back for Season 2.

Club Cooloholic

Some years ago, Fox created a scifi drama series called Terra Nova… the plot was in a dystopian, polluted future of the 2100’s AD, mankind’s last hope was to create a time machine and travel back to the Cretaceous period for a new beginning.

Sadly, it was done in by the sad combination of middling interest against a ballooning budget; Fox pulled the plug after just one 13-episode season.

However there are a number of factors that could make it right for Animal Kingdom…
1. Disney now owns Fox

2. Time travel is a major plot device; we already have this with the Time Rovers

3. The series is based off humans trying to survive both the Dino’s and each other to create a better, more ecological civilization to help ward off the dystopian future.

4. Guess what the big bad dinosaur is?
CARNOTAURUS, which is already featured as the big bad of Dinosaur!

Besides, Disney can do well to dust off mostly-dead franchises for new rides and lands. (See: Tron) is

Cool idea but um not going to happen

BlakeW39

Disney would be more likely to create a non-IP dinosaur land than they would be to build a land based off of Terra Nova. Although it was a good show from what I remember.

SamandplanningUK

Agreed, really great show! I do think Disney is looking at utilising it's more internationally recognised characters/movies for everything now though.

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
I don't know what Terra Nova is; so it wouldn't fit with the "everyone will know" characters. There's a reason why people said, "Who is that?" when the Pete's Dragon float went by in one of the parades. A Bug's Life is lucky it's even in the park still. Unless it gets a sequel somehow (it's been 25 years), kids won't know who the (Toad ending scene) those characters are.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Never heard of it. Most people haven't heard of it. Which sadly, is all Disney will look at.

And Lord knows they're not making any non IP attractions again any time soon. Dinos at AK seem doomed, which is truly a giant shame.

BlakeW39

Never heard of it. Most people haven't heard of it. Which sadly, is all Disney will look at.

And Lord knows they're not making any non IP attractions again any time soon. Dinos at AK seem doomed, which is truly a giant shame.

Definitely unfortunate. But get ready. IPification of DAK incoming. Can't wait for the WDAS animated film which finally warrants retheming EE to a cartoon.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Definitely unfortunate. But get ready. IPification of DAK incoming. Can't wait for the WDAS animated film which finally warrants retheming EE to a cartoon.
I wouldn't mind a movie best on EE... Good ol' Pirates of the Caribbean Fashion.

Call me insane, but I love the County Bears movie. LOL! Childhood. "This is not over....... BEARS!"

pluto77

That was definitely a great show that didn’t deserve to be canceled after just one season. However, I don’t think it’s something they’d be able to justify making into a land unless they somehow revived it and it became super popular. They’d be better off making a land based off of that idea but not specifically based on the show (which wouldn’t be a bad idea really), but we all know that isn’t happening. 🙃

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom