News RCID/Disney Developer's Agreement shows that Disney included the ability to construct a 5th Gate by 2032

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Original Poster
9FB436C6-1F57-4784-AD71-C6534114808A.jpeg

I felt like this deserved its own discussion separate from the chaos that is the other Reedy Creek thread.

It’s almost certainly more about giving themselves approval in advance preventing Florida government intervention, but the fact that it’s on Disney’s mind suggests it will eventually happen if economic conditions allow it.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
The way they build now adays that’s probably all they could complete by then. A gate. Only a gate.

I am actually one that would like to see a 5th gate one day, but they desperately need to expand animal kingdom and add a few more attractions to Epcot first. The beyond big Thunder mountain ideas are not something they should focus on. Don’t bring more people to the most popular theme park in the world, spread out more people across all they have to offer with more attractions

lazyboy97o

This!

I have seen more the one Disney news site report this a proof that a 5th gate is going to be built.
And if you went digging, you’d see that is one one of those things that every so often over the years someone would find the Comprehensive Plan and say pretty much the same, that they found Disney’s plans for the fifth gate, etc.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Original Poster
This!

I have seen more the one Disney news site report this a proof that a 5th gate is going to be built.
Agreed, but I personally wasn’t saying it’s proof that it’s going to be built, but that it just shows it’s on Disney’s mind to eventually be built.

Maybe that’s insignificant but I thought it was interesting enough to talk about.

And if you went digging, you’d see that is one one of those things that every so often over the years someone would find the Comprehensive Plan and say pretty much the same, that they found Disney’s plans for the fifth gate, etc.
I wasn’t aware that this was routinely brought up.

Interesting to know!

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Agreed, but I personally wasn’t saying it’s proof that it’s going to be built, but that it just shows it’s on Disney’s mind to eventually be built.

Maybe that’s insignificant but I thought it was interesting enough to talk about.

I wasn’t aware that this was routinely talked about.

Interesting to know!

It may be splitting hairs, but I don't think this even rises to the "on their mind". This document is about how best to use the resources of the district so have to have something to plan towards.

Tom P.

I think Disney is just trying to cover all their bases to give them maximum flexibility. I do not, for example, think we are likely to ever see any other "minor" parks built, but they included provisions for up to 2 more such parks.

CJR

I think Disney is just trying to cover all their bases to give them maximum flexibility. I do not, for example, think we are likely to ever see any other "minor" parks built, but they included provisions for up to 2 more such parks.

They actually had over five at one point too. In 1998, you could add River Country, Pleasure Island, DisneyQuest, and Discovery Island. It's sad, when you realize how much they back peddled in the 2000's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom