Anyone book their WDW trip through Costco vacations?

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Costco might give you a deal, BUT they are not travel professionals and what they are doing is discounting back the commission that the supplier is paying in plain english. If it is after hours and you have a problem, they are not available. This was a HUGE issue when covid hit and people were trying to reach them.
You are not getting an experienced travel professional that has been there personally and knows the ins and outs. They are not going to be able to help you with dining IF you need it, or explaining how My Disney Experience works. If you have an issue they do not have a Sales manager that they can contact to help to rectify the situation. Remember a travel professional has the knowledge, experience and is your advocate if something goes wrong.

Pam

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Costco might give you a deal, BUT they are not travel professionals and what they are doing is discounting back the commission that the supplier is paying in plain english. If it is after hours and you have a problem, they are not available. This was a HUGE issue when covid hit and people were trying to reach them.
You are not getting an experienced travel professional that has been there personally and knows the ins and outs. They are not going to be able to help you with dining IF you need it, or explaining how My Disney Experience works. If you have an issue they do not have a Sales manager that they can contact to help to rectify the situation. Remember a travel professional has the knowledge, experience and is your advocate if something goes wrong.

Pam
This, all day long!! Marie

Upvote 0

HerefortheFood

Original Poster

Pam

Hi, I didn't mean to advertise what people should and shouldn't do. My wife and I are the type who love planning so we would not have used a travel agent anyway. Certainly travel agents are useful and if someone doesn't want to be hassled with planning and isn't that particular about the details, I would recommend a travel agent.

I called Costco and they don't offer the dining discount and they aren't available after customer service hours. But when my wife and her family went 20 years ago, they booked through Sears and they had an issue with their room and Disney dealt with it. So obviously if something is really wrong, I'm sure the CMs won't ignore someone.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi, I didn't mean to advertise what people should and shouldn't do. My wife and I are the type who love planning so we would not have used a travel agent anyway. Certainly travel agents are useful and if someone doesn't want to be hassled with planning and isn't that particular about the details, I would recommend a travel agent.

I called Costco and they don't offer the dining discount and they aren't available after customer service hours. But when my wife and her family went 20 years ago, they booked through Sears and they had an issue with their room and Disney dealt with it. So obviously if something is really wrong, I'm sure the CMs won't ignore someone.
Hi there, Just as an FYI, booking through a TA doesnt mean that you have to relinquish your ability to do your park reservations, dining reservations, Genie+ or anything else. All of our agents are only as hands on as you want them to be. But when the s#!+ hits the fan or you have a question, it is nice to know that your agent is experienced and knowledgeable on your vacation destination to help if needed. That is part of why people look for Earmarked agencies to book their trips through, as we have to meet sales goals and continuing education required by Disney to maintain that preferred status. On top of that, the cost for this expertise is nothing to you, our client for booking your vacation with us. It is certainly something to think about. Marie

Upvote 0

SteamboatJoe

Hi there, Just as an FYI, booking through a TA doesnt mean that you have to relinquish your ability to do your park reservations, dining reservations, Genie+ or anything else. All of our agents are only as hands on as you want them to be. But when the s#!+ hits the fan or you have a question, it is nice to know that your agent is experienced and knowledgeable on your vacation destination to help if needed. That is part of why people look for Earmarked agencies to book their trips through, as we have to meet sales goals and continuing education required by Disney to maintain that preferred status. On top of that, the cost for this expertise is nothing to you, our client for booking your vacation with us. It is certainly something to think about. Marie
100% this. I know the lay of the land (or should I say world) and can read up on the latest offerings and logistics but still use a TA even though I don't need them to do everything. It's a nice, knowledgeable safety net.

Upvote 0

Eric Graham

Someone that I know went through Costco for their Aulani vacation to Hawaii and raved and raved about it. They had such a wonderful time! Whenever I shop at Costco, I like to pick up their travel brochure and basically drool over many of the great and wonderful trips they offer. Also,, their $1.50 hotdog and drink is such an awesome deal. They also have really good slices of pizza!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom