News Tiana’s Palace Coming to Disneyland Later this Year

TP2000

Not enough Viking movies out there for you?

Vikings are a sudden fad, but... they're so dirty. And hairy. And badly tailored. I feel no connection to them whatsoever.

The Vikings on TV don't even speak Norwegian, let alone Swedish. They speak English.

Did I mention how badly tailored they were? While the nose is close, I feel completely unrepresented by this... :confused:

VAL_101_Unit_01148RC-f7187a4.jpg

I certainly wouldn't want to go back in time to this era, as the reality was far less attractive than even this dirty and badly tailored young man portrays. And can you imagine what they must have smelled like? I'm not being represented whatsoever!

Practical Pig

Is this tree a goner with this retheme?

View attachment 696203

Maybe they want to open it up. Kind of how it used to be…

View attachment 696204

Hope not. Provides a lot of great ambiance.
And shade. Glorious shade.

The exterior concept art for both ride and restaurant are underwhelming. I really hope they don't start removing mature trees for (possibly) mediocre views.

PiratesMansion

Interesting that if you take the white facade off the building, it looks a lot more like Tiana's Palace from the movie. Just use the behind brick structure.
iu

914cc8b2-5637-4cce-b00d-5b62740df279-jpeg.696204
Well there we go. That's why French Market won out over Hungry Bear. It can pretty much look right out of the movie without them having to do much of anything to modify it.

mickEblu

I took some pictures of the lovely planters surrounding the French Market for posterity and it looks like one planter might be toast.

D47303C6-9225-4557-B58C-9F040C54DFA7.jpeg

DE5F8628-FE2E-45E7-9D8E-32F8B39022C6.jpeg

4CD32253-3AA9-4979-ABA7-FE5F5C1093C7.jpeg

7E290751-95FD-4B82-9CC5-5C5D36051238.jpeg

E8554C90-6548-4DCA-8F50-336E389A1593.jpeg

Here’s where things get interesting. The only planter surrounding French Market without flowers. Probably because they re either getting rid of this planter or making it smaller and didn’t want to bother putting new flowers. The question is does this tree survive?

E4B64367-2AFC-48AE-84BE-14A92C31DECE.jpeg

7EF87A91-65B0-4D66-A61F-A90998A30219.jpeg

They may want to get rid of this tree or at least trim it down to make Tiana’s more visibile from the main pathway.

7849601A-088D-4543-8FA6-9C55980BD1D8.jpeg

Last edited:

TP2000

I took some pictures of the lovely planters surrounding the French Market for posterity and it looks like one planter might be toast.

View attachment 697898

View attachment 697899

View attachment 697900

View attachment 697901

View attachment 697902

Here’s where things get interesting. The only panther surrounding French Market without flowers. Probably because they re either getting rid of this planter or making it smaller and didn’t want to bother putting new flowers. The question is does this tree survive?

View attachment 697903

View attachment 697904

They may want to get rid of this tree or at least trim it down to make Tiana’s more visibile from the main pathway.

All of that is very valid and has some very good points. But can we just pause a moment and talk about that last picture?

This lady, this Custodial Hostess with a healthy touch of tenure in her face? I instantly love her! I love all CM's like this, especially the ladies who have, um, a healthy touch of tenure in their face and demeanor. These are the CM's I love to interact with. They've got some spunk, some style, and almost always a fun outlook on life! I'd happily sit down and have lunch with her any day, or sit next to her at a dinner party and laugh and make fun of TDA execs all night long.

God bless that dear lady, caught off guard and unaware of the photographer's lens. But she's out there working, keeping Disneyland as clean as she can, showing up for her shifts and paying taxes and obeying the laws and keeping America moving. We need more CM's like this one!!!! And those tortoise shell sunglasses are fabulous on her! 😍

AbsolutelyFabulous!.jpeg

Ghost93

Don't know why people are mad about my suggestion to cut down the tree so that you can see Tiana's Palace. You can see trees almost anywhere in the world. But only at Disneyland can you experience the magic of Tiana's Palace! 😁

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Don't know why people are mad about my suggestion to cut down the tree so that you can see Tiana's Palace. You can see trees almost anywhere in the world. But only at Disneyland can you experience the magic of Tiana's Palace! 😁
I agree with you. Every tree in WDW should have a tiara on it.

jmuboy

Can do without the silly smoke stacks. Otherwise I don’t hate it. Minimal exterior modifications and those new lights should look nice at night.

Hope the marquee looks tasteful once added

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom