News Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster closing for refurbishment in February 2023

ToTBellHop

On-time opening this morning.
1685710898256.gif

lightningtap347

Ride it last night! It's like they did half a refurb - the new lighting in the load platform is fantastic and the new neon in the box is bright. It also appears they added new signs and effects, which is great.

The ride experience is still as old feeling and 90's vekoma as normal. It does not appear that they did any track work, which is a shame.

JoeCamel

Ride it last night! It's like they did half a refurb - the new lighting in the load platform is fantastic and the new neon in the box is bright. It also appears they added new signs and effects, which is great.

The ride experience is still as old feeling and 90's vekoma as normal. It does not appear that they did any track work, which is a shame.
Wasn't there a problem with the launch? You wouldn't see that but maybe they worked on it

JoeCamel

I know I have a very high tolerance for rough coasters, but I don't remember ever thinking RNRC was rough.
It was 2010 or so that I did 12 cycles in a row one morning it was so smooth and swoopy I'm not glad to be hearing it is rough now. Old girl is just getting older

Last edited:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
RnRC has always felt a bit rough to me. I take off my earrings when I ride because I've hurt my earlobes when I've worn them with all the side to side banging and roughness.

I haven't ridden in over a year because of this. Too bad, because I really like the high speed launch and the theming. Hope they fix it to make it smoother.

Andrew25

I'd say RnR is a little rougher than it used to be, but nothing close to as bad as the collosal mess that is Space Mountain.

Yes, but Space doesn't have your hitting your ears on the restraints so it's a better ride experience compared to the head-banging.

Recently rode the newly refurbished boomerang at Hersheypark and the new Vekoma restraints are soooo much better than the old ones. Hoping Disney can add those to the RnRC one day.

Patcheslee

Yes, but Space doesn't have your hitting your ears on the restraints so it's a better ride experience compared to the head-banging.

Recently rode the newly refurbished boomerang at Hersheypark and the new Vekoma restraints are soooo much better than the old ones. Hoping Disney can add those to the RnRC one day.
DD10 then said it was Vortex at KI rough in 2019. I don't remember well enough to compare because I skipped Vortex quite often.

Jrb1979

DD10 then said it was Vortex at KI rough in 2019. I don't remember well enough to compare because I skipped Vortex quite often.
Not surprised. Most parks are scrapping their Arrows and Vekomas. Disney really needs to start re-tracking their older coasters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom