News Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster closing for refurbishment in February 2023

UpAllNight

I‘m amazed it’s still going.

Forceful coasters have a limited shelf life due to forces on the track and I don’t imagine there are many coasters out there that get as battered as a Disney Coaster. These parks often operate constant cycles 16 hours a day 365 a year. Most regional coasters don’t operate over winter, or with the daily hours of Disney.

ToTBellHop

I‘m amazed it’s still going.

Forceful coasters have a limited shelf life due to forces on the track and I don’t imagine there are many coasters out there that get as battered as a Disney Coaster. These parks often operate constant cycles 16 hours a day 365 a year. Most regional coasters don’t operate over winter, or with the daily hours of Disney.
This is why Disney loves trim brakes...

Andrew25

This is why Disney loves trim brakes...

Coaster Geek Talk Time

Disney doesn't use "trim" brakes, they use block brakes for capacity reasons. More block brakes allows them the ability to run more trains and dispatch them much quicker than traditional coasters that usually has just the final brake run.

Trim brakes are only used to slow a train down intentionally due to unplanned speeds/issues/etc. Rock & Roller doesn't really use them for that purpose.

ToTBellHop

Coaster Geek Talk Time

Disney doesn't use "trim" brakes, they use block brakes for capacity reasons. More block brakes allows them the ability to run more trains and dispatch them much quicker than traditional coasters that usually has just the final brake run.

Trim brakes are only used to slow a train down intentionally due to unplanned speeds/issues/etc. Rock & Roller doesn't really use them for that purpose.
I'm sure you're correct on RnRC although the brake on that straightaway midway through (where you can see the cobra roll) does seem to slow the train down more than necessary.

I believe they literally added trims to Space Mountain to preserve the track, though.

lazyboy97o

I'm sure you're correct on RnRC although the brake on that straightaway midway through (where you can see the cobra roll) does seem to slow the train down more than necessary.

I believe they literally added trims to Space Mountain to preserve the track, though.
That’s a sea serpent, not a cobra roll. 🤓

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom