Bass Ale still at Rose & Crown?

Miami Blues

Original Poster
From information I've found online, it appears Anheuser Busch bought Bass Ale, at least here in the US, but has now discontinued it. Can't find it in stores or restaurants any longer. This may have happened a year ago or more. Is the Rose and Crown still serving Bass? If so, are they actually importing their Bass from the UK?

GeoDonJac34

Very curious about this. Having a Bass at the UK pavilion is a long tradition for the Mrs. and me. It was there last trip , but that was in January.

Phonedave

My (albeit limited) understanding of the situation is that InBev still brews Bass for North America but not on a regular basis.

Reasons range from plant capacity, to it being a seasonal seller, to supply chain issues with the bottles.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Thanks for letting us know. Any idea what replaced it?

It was Smithwick's for a while. Scarcely a replacement... Now, it's Well's Bombardier I'm pretty sure - which is certainly a step up.

My (albeit limited) understanding of the situation is that InBev still brews Bass for North America but not on a regular basis.

Reasons range from plant capacity, to it being a seasonal seller, to supply chain issues with the bottles.

I can't seem to track down the announcement, but I'm pretty sure InBev announced this summer that they were ending all production of Bass in the US and would not import it. Basically ending Bass presence in the US market. Very sad.

Robbiem

That’s a shame. Fun fact for the day the Bass red triangle was the worlds first trademark back in 1851 and its still in force

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom