Cosmic Rewind - Boarding Group Difficulty?

DavidDL

Hi All! Need some help planning our next WDW visit.

We will be in the parks the first weekend of Feb. (the 4th and 5th). We have reservations for Monsieur Paul on Saturday which means we'll be in EPCOT that day, for sure. Obviously we'd love to ride the newly opened Cosmic Rewind, as well. We are also staying off-site so we do not have access to the 7am Individual Lightning Lane purchase. So my questions would be:

1) Is securing a boarding group this late in the game proving to be difficult for anyone? Are they disappearing instantly the way Rise of the Resistance out at Disneyland used to?

2) For anyone who frequently visits and grabs a group, do you normally have to wait long into the day to get to ride? Our reservation is for 5:30pm so if that's the case, it could create an issue.

At the end of the day, we are really just deciding if our second day should be dedicated to EPCOT, as well, in case we're unable to ride Cosmic Rewind on the first. If our fears can be assuaged regarding this, then we may do a different park or Universal for that Sunday.

Any experiences, advice or information is appreciated!

Thanks!

DavidDL

Original Poster
It’s nowhere near as difficult as getting one for Rise was.

The 1pm drop is even easier, and there are often BGs left well after 2pm and even later.

And once your BG is called you can show up at any time after that. It isn’t time limited, so if it’s called as you’re about to go to your ADR then just wait until after.

Thank you very much!

Upvote 0

KTK

Another option you have is if you are staying at a deluxe resort. You are offered extra 2 hour night time hours for specific parks on certain days (they are listed on their park hours page). When Epcot has them, they open up another virtual queue at 6 pm. So technically you could ride it twice that day, once during normal hours and then another during extra hours.

Upvote 0

Dad 2 M & M

C
Another option you have is if you are staying at a deluxe resort. You are offered extra 2 hour night time hours for specific parks on certain days (they are listed on their park hours page). When Epcot has them, they open up another virtual queue at 6 pm. So technically you could ride it twice that day, once during normal hours and then another during extra hours.
Correct….the Extra Magic Evening (on some Mondays for Epcot)opens a 2nd vq for guests at a Deluxe….and you could ride it’s third time if you pay the LL fee…

By the way, you can ride it twice any day by vq and LL

Upvote 0
2 weeks ago managed to get an afternoon boarding group with the 1st morning attempt, no problems.
Compared to the Rise debacle of a few years ago felt they have improved the virtual boarding group process. The queue started in the room with the models & small tv's, so had a moderate wait. Park hopping another day using Genie+ in the afternoonmanaged to get a 10pm slot (maybe I'm getting rides confused, we've never done ILL to pay for an individual ride, in which case it would have been the normal afternoon reservation time slot), which was moved up to 9pm with practically no notice, so we had to hoof it from the opposite side of the park as we were late in seeing the notification change until about 9:20. There was absolutely no line at that time, probably because of the 9:30 Harmonius show. Still had to wait as the doors were closing just as we entered the "boring" room. FYI, in the 2nd pre-show room, move to the right side if you want to be near the doors. 1st ride I was the tiniest bit affected by motion sickness. Since the family enjoyed it so much, I did ride a 2nd time and it didn't bother me then. Since I'm going off track of the question, I'll just add this ride was my wife's favorite but doesn't even rank on top 3 Disney coasters for me. Velocicoaster was by far the best ride on this Universal and Disney trip.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Calmdownnow

It is a sad testament to how far things have fallen when helpful (and it was helpful) advice suggests interrupting a very expensive signature dinner to get your phone out to book a ride. Not sniping at KTK, just commenting on how all of our standards are dropping because of the hoops we have to go through.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom