Potential updates to Avatar Flight of Passage

rle4lunch

We were not at all impressed by RSR, honestly. We had more fun on Incredicoaster…and wanted to hate Mission Breakout but simply
I'll say this, when I first saw the cheap overlay of the inside of the ToT building, I was immediately bummed. But then I rode it, and it's 100% more fun than ToT, even with the screenzzz.

I'm glad that ToT is still the same at dhs so that our yearly trip we can experience the different version (we're in San Diego so we're up at DL every few months).

ChrisM

With the Avatar train chugging full steam ahead, I'll humbly suggest the following additions:

- NRJ could use two full size animal animatronics.

- A walk-through with additional animal animatronics.

- And the big score: a new E-ticket "Way of Water" themed ride using the Shanghai Pirates ride system. (Which will probably cost $1 billion to build stateside the way things appear to work over here.)

Last edited:

drizgirl

With the Avatar train chugging full steam ahead, I'll humbly suggest the following additions:

- NRJ could use two full size animal animatronics.

- A walk-through with additional animal animatronics.

- And the big score: a new E-ticket "Way of Water" themed ride using the Shanghai Pirates ride system. (Which will probably costs $1 billion to build stateside the way things appear to work over here.)
Good luck. They will probably add a cupcake at Satuli Canteen and call it good.

Last edited:

doctornick

It definitely feels like another Avatar attraction should be in the works...

1. Original plans called for a third attraction that was cut but expansion space was left available for the future
2. There were rumors from soon after the land opening that the success of the land had lead to consideration for adding another attraction. So presumably there are at least some early ideas/plans that could be developed and built
3. Cameron had reportedly met with Disney in advance of the WoW release regarding adding more to the Pandora area so some gears have probably already been in motion
4. Insiders here have stated that DAK is the target for the next expansion at WDW. While it seemed to be focused on Dinoland, nothing says Disney couldn't change there mind and look at Pandora instead. Shifting gears mid stream is like a Disney tradition
5. WoW's success at the box office is the type of thing that would get Iger's attention and inspire him to capitalize on that especially with a third film (and maybe more) on the way.

It's hard to imagine a more perfect storm of a situation to get something built in modern day WDW as it has all the elements that would cause this to happen. So, y'know, it probably won't.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
A D ticket addition to Pandora would be perfect. Flight of Passage is an E (it's a D to me personally, but that's irrelevant), and NRJ is a quality C. That might also lower the wait times for NRJ and let people judge it on its own merits rather than on the wildly inflated wait times.
Good luck defining a D-Ticket attraction. People who like it will call it an "E" and those who don't will call it a "C."

tcool123

Good luck. They will probably add a cupcake at Satuli Canteen and call it good.

It's Pandora they can't do a cupcake silly! It's whatever that thing is in the bottom right corner

(Taken from the site that shan't be named)

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
5. WoW's success at the box office is the type of thing that would get Iger's attention and inspire him to capitalize on that especially with a third film (and maybe more) on the way.

The way Cameron talks, 3 is for sure happening (always was) but now 4 and 5 are (more or less) green lit. Avatar 3 should arrive around Dec 2024 with 4 and 5 scheduled for Dec 2026 and 2028 respectively. If they got a major attraction started soon enough, having it ready for what could/should be the conclusion of the story in 2028 should be reasonable with maybe an update to the FoP ride footage to correspond with the releases of Avatar 3... but again, that just makes too much sense...

ToTBellHop

Updating the FoP ride footage doesn't make any sense to me. It's a massive hit that draws huge lines; why would you change it and risk making it into something people like less?
Agreed, honestly. The whole queue is set up to lead toward a flight of passage, not a swim with Kate Winslet, as fun as that sounds.

Just make a new Way of Water attraction. DAK needs an addition.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
FoP takes place a generation or two after all 5 Avatar movies.

They wouldn't be adding things to make it book-report-ish, they'd just be showing off some new environments.

If they did anything at all.

ToTBellHop

FoP takes place a generation or two after all 5 Avatar movies.

They wouldn't be adding things to make it book-report-ish, they'd just be showing off some new environments.

If they did anything at all.
Sure, but it’s called Flight of Passage, not Swim of Waterage. It already includes a view of environs from Way of Water at the end (we just didn’t realize it in 2017).

ToTBellHop

Like Soarin?

But yeah I agree, seems a pointless exercise.
At least Soarin is a pretty unthemed ride so the change doesn’t impact the story and honestly, the vistas work better for Epcot than random locations in California. The crooked Eiffel Tower is an added treat.

But given what they spent theming Flight of Passage and building it into the Hallelujah Mountains, it makes zero sense to suddenly submerge us because they made another movie. I’m shocked Cameron suggested it. I thought he demanded a level of perfection that would prevent a change like that.

And why would the films impact a land ostensibly set decades after the films and, apparently, in an alternate universe (given recent remarks)?

Spend the money on a new ride or making Kali into a real ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom