News Destination D23 2023

Jrb1979

They might be happy with the idea but it’s not like DLR is using PTN anyway. At some point it doesn’t make sense for the company to just let it rot in storage especially when it would be a massive hit and draw for WDW.
That costs money to ship it WDW.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
They might be happy with the idea but it’s not like DLR is using PTN anyway. At some point it doesn’t make sense for the company to just let it rot in storage especially when it would be a massive hit and draw for WDW.

So it's better to let TDO destroy the parade floats over a few years? Go ask anyone at TDA what the condition was of the MSEP floats when they were returned to California.

EricsBiscuit

So it's better to let TDO destroy the parade floats over a few years? Go ask anyone at TDA what the condition was of the MSEP floats when they were returned to California.
I wouldn’t trust any rumors like that. There’s serious intra company politics involved in stuff like this. Rumors like that are ammunition.

Cmdr_Crimson

Im bummed 2023 will not be in California.
This is not a big event like the expo..They use the Contemporary resort convention rooms for some small panels and some activities and do some announcements..Other than that they have some merch and that's it...It's a "Taste" if you will..

Denimgirl

This is not a big event like the expo..They use the Contemporary resort convention rooms for some small panels and some activities and do some announcements..Other than that they have some merch and that's it...It's a "Taste" if you will.
Oh gotcha. Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me. I’m drawn to numbers, D23 in 2023. Figured they’d make it a huge Disney splash. It will still be amazing I have no doubt. Happy New Year!

Cmdr_Crimson

Oh gotcha. Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me. I’m drawn to numbers, D23 in 2023. Figured they’d make it a huge Disney splash. It will still be amazing I have no doubt. Happy New Year!
Here's some more Info about it..

DisneyDebRob

Here's some more Info about it..
Maybe they should have these expo’s less frequent.. maybe when they have a better idea of what will be built or brought in. I’m like most fans, I look forward to the announcements but as others have said there seems to be too much “maybe” abd “ possibly “ in the talks. Then a bunch of little stuff being brought back..etc.

lazyboy97o

Maybe they should have these expo’s less frequent.. maybe when they have a better idea of what will be built or brought in. I’m like most fans, I look forward to the announcements but as others have said there seems to be too much “maybe” abd “ possibly “ in the talks. Then a bunch of little stuff being brought back..etc.
It’s not the Expo.

JoeCamel

Allegedly they are making a big deal out of the 100th for 2023 so you sort of get your wish. The end product has yet to be determined though but might be clearer October 1

MarvelCharacterNerd

For reference, the larger CA-based D23 Expos were originally run in odd-numbered years and the smaller FL-based Destination D events were held in even-numbered years, so the Expo would have logically landed in Anaheim for 2023 for the 100 year anniversary of the company.

However, the pandemic meant no events were held in 2020 or 2021 and rather than just picking up with the smaller FL event in 2022 and having the bigger CA event in 2023, someone made the decision to run the missed 2021 Expo in CA in 2022, which threw off all future events on the calendar. So FL wound up with the small event for 2023 instead of CA's large convention which originally would have had it. Doesn't make sense to me to have done it that way, but obviously it made sense to someone at Disney.

JoeCamel

For reference, the larger CA-based D23 Expos were originally run in odd-numbered years and the smaller FL-based Destination D events were held in even-numbered years, so the Expo would have logically landed in Anaheim for 2023 for the 100 year anniversary of the company.

However, the pandemic meant no events were held in 2020 or 2021 and rather than just picking up with the smaller FL event in 2022 and having the bigger CA event in 2023, someone made the decision to run the missed 2021 Expo in CA in 2022, which threw off all future events on the calendar. So FL wound up with the small event for 2023 instead of CA's large convention which originally would have had it. Doesn't make sense to me to have done it that way, but obviously it made sense to someone at Disney.
They probably should have tried it with training wheels before they got up on the big bike again given the results.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom