News EPCOT Parking Plaza refurbishment?

tparris

Visiting the park today, I noticed two small new details on the parking plaza structure/signage. First of all (also the more insignificant change of the two), they’ve seemingly wrapped or changed the entire Alucobond(?) panel for the Disney Transport logo to change it from the old logo to the newer one. They also updated the clearance lettering (and the building address number) to the new EPCOT typeface. First picture is from @wdwmagic taken when the sign was installed and the second photo was taken by me today. You can see the panel with the new Disney Transport logo is much cleaner looking than the rest of the structure.
157C76E0-F3D6-40F6-9B2C-556F9D275BD8.jpeg
8A0B815A-E835-44D3-83E7-9851F1F4A215.jpeg

The second change I noticed leads me to believe they’re not quite done here yet and may be adding more elements to the signage. When the main EPCOT logo sign was installed, there was nothing else on or around it, but today I noticed two poles of some sort protruding upwards from either end of the sign. I’m thinking they’re planning on adding something else to the sign, perhaps the classic five-ring flower logo? First photo is again from wdwmagic, second photo from me.
E2C9826E-4B95-47C8-B7C2-F2F8553DD60F.jpeg
7312D8F9-899C-4441-9E1A-6F459B9ABFFD.jpeg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Visiting the park today, I noticed two small new details on the parking plaza structure/signage. First of all (also the more insignificant change of the two), they’ve seemingly wrapped or changed the entire Alucobond(?) panel for the Disney Transport logo to change it from the old logo to the newer one. They also updated the clearance lettering (and the building address number) to the new EPCOT typeface. First picture is from @wdwmagic taken when the sign was installed and the second photo was taken by me today. You can see the panel with the new Disney Transport logo is much cleaner looking than the rest of the structure.View attachment 695607View attachment 695608
The second change I noticed leads me to believe they’re not quite done here yet and may be adding more elements to the signage. When the main EPCOT logo sign was installed, there was nothing else on or around it, but today I noticed two poles of some sort protruding upwards from either end of the sign. I’m thinking they’re planning on adding something else to the sign, perhaps the classic five-ring flower logo? First photo is again from wdwmagic, second photo from me.View attachment 695611View attachment 695612
Great spots!

Definitely lightning rods on the EPCOT sign.

trainplane3

Visited today. There is just not good contrast of the “Welcome” lettering and the concrete behind. They only get readable when you get close. Unlike the blue letters. Not very welcoming.
Concrete? Those are alucobond panels. Though I can understand why you'd see them like that. They look filthy and should've been washed prior to the new signage going on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom