News Epcot and HS trams not returning this year?

montyz81

Original Poster
I’m not sure if this is to be believed or not. Can someone verify?
"https://.com/2022/11/update-walt-di...rking-lot-trams-at-all-theme-parks-this-year/"

Last edited:

bcoachable

I have it from a good source that these trams, are in fact, being called into action to assist with the anticipated drop in Run Disney volunteer attendance. The plan will be implemented this starting with this January’s Marathon. The plan is to shuttle the few remaining volunteers from water station to water station. Although Disney will incur a slight cost running the trams, it is said to be offset by the cut from full day to half day passes that had been given to the volunteers as a ”thank you” gift (not to be confused with a salary, however it may actually be worth more than a days salary for some) for volunteering in the first place… can’t reveal my source, yall will just have to trust me on this one ;)

Andrew25

Seems like they actually might get them up for the worst 2 weeks to visit a theme park. (Wonder if it becomes a seasonal thing?)

JoeCamel

I have it from a good source that these trams, are in fact, being called into action to assist with the anticipated drop in Run Disney volunteer attendance. The plan will be implemented this starting with this January’s Marathon. The plan is to shuttle the few remaining volunteers from water station to water station. Although Disney will incur a slight cost running the trams, it is said to be offset by the cut from full day to half day passes that had been given to the volunteers as a ”thank you” gift (not to be confused with a salary, however it may actually be worth more than a days salary for some) for volunteering in the first place… can’t reveal my source, yall will just have to trust me on this one ;)
If they just shuttle the runners from the start to the finish they can cut out the middle and the need for volunteers. $200 tram ride anyone?

EeyoreFan#24

They also would make great giant heavy vehicle barricades.

montyz81

Original Poster
It seems that construction of a road plus some bridges could connect EC, HS, AK, and a slight update of the tram carriages to include windows would make for a fitting low-cost solution for the monorails, not that I would want anything other than a monorail. I got to believe it would cost less than a full gondola.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom