Crowd calendars

Sarahjice

I’m planning a trip with my family, kids 15 & 12. What is most accurate crowd calander to use for planning. I’m a bit unsure what days to pick for our Jan 27-Feb 4th trip. We have a 6 day ticket and are staying off property. I would appreciate any help with choosing the correct parks.

Weather_Lady

I've had good luck with touringplans (which rates crowd levels by attraction wait time, not strictly by numbers of guests, which I prefer since wait times are what I really want to know), but crowd level forecasts can change right up until the last minute due to park hours changes, shifts in entertainment schedules, and even weather. Use them only as a rough guide. A good touring plan can largely overcome those little crowd fluctuations anyway, so unless the crowd estimate difference is huge, choose dates and parks in the order that works best for you, and don't sweat the rest too much!

[crowd projections and touringplans subscription recommendation omitted to appease member below]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Touring plans has consistently been the more accurate over many years. Other trip planning sites have included crowd calendars to their sites and they will vary greatly in their numbers. When we are planning a trip Ive scanned over a variety of sites to see how they compare and compared their guesses to TP. TP has very rarely let me down so I put more faith in them to guide me along.

Upvote 0

MickeyCB

Here's the touringplans forecast, FWIW. A subscription is only a few dollars and well worth it, in my opinion. Tools include crowd forecasts and historical crowd information, hotel room finder (with view/category information), restaurant reservation finder, restaurant menu search, personalized and customizable touring plans, a wait times app, etc. And no, I don't work for the company: I'm just a happy subscriber to their WDW (and sometimes Disneyland and Universal) services for over 10 years now.

View attachment 681297View attachment 681298
Agree, love touring plans and the subscription is well worth the cost.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Respectfully, when people post screenshots of the information behind the Paywall on Touring Plans ( @lentesta ), it’s really not fair to their business, or to people who pay for it.
Of course. Give me a moment and I'll be sure to delete all the useful information and subscription recommendation from my post.

I'll burn my local library's copy of the Unofficial Guide while I'm at it, so no undeserving ruffians get to see those tidbits for free.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

@lentesta seems to be extremely generous with information when contacted directly.
I'm sure that's the case, and I respect the privacy of the information, but it's not worth the time to get permission to share 9 days' worth of a crowd forecast that will literally be part of touringplans's free 60-day, not-behind-the-paywall website teaser crowd calendar in just a few days! The OP will be able to see it all on the touringplans website then.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chi84

Premium Member
I'm sure that's the case, and I respect the privacy of the information, but it's not worth the time to get permission to share 9 days' worth of a crowd forecast that will literally be part of touringplans's free 60-day, not-behind-the-paywall website teaser crowd calendar in just a few days! The OP will be able to see it all on the touringplans website then.
It’s a great site! One of my first recommendations to anyone asking for advice.

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

I suspect @lentesta would not be upset about the shared screen shots. He’s a good guy and you recommend Touringplans all the time. And as you say, the information will be available to the OP soon.

Upvote 0

Tom 55

My opinion about Touring Plans crowd level predictions. From my Sept. 2021 and Sept 2022 trips. All the attractions that were open before Covid have still not reopened. If 10% of the attractions are still closed then the people that would have been in those lines have to now be in the lines for the 90% that are open. So even though the Touring Plan showed crowd levels at 2's and 3's the wait time were more like 5 and 6 days.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom