News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

Lilofan

How do you sell something you can't produce more of? They run close to flat out normally, there isn't a lot of excess capacity sitting unused and if the supply lines are disrupted to the point it is not on the shelves then how does someone give them money for it?
There was with no denial panic buying of TP, Charmin execs ramped up production but still could not keep up with demand .

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
Going back to the topic of Apple buying Disney, maybe they should buy 20th Century Studios from Disney (instead of them buying Disney) as well as Fox Corp., or would that just kill Apple?

Or maybe Meta (owners of Facebook) should buy 20th Century Studios from Disney, as well as Fox Corp., or would that ruin them as well?

Lilofan

And zoom go the goal posts. You said "sales were through the roof" Were they if there was no product to sell?
De-Nile is not just a river in Africa
According to Kimberly Clark execs March 12 2020 TO sales were 734% higher than March 13 2019. Yes that would be sales, keep trying to dig deeper in the hole.

JoeCamel

According to Kimberly Clark execs March 12 2020 TO sales were 734% higher than March 13 2019. Yes that would be sales, keep trying to dig deeper in the hole.
Yeah, that was the month we cleared the shelves but after that when there was nothing to buy.....

MrPromey

Going back to the topic of Apple buying Disney, maybe they should buy 20th Century Studios from Disney (instead of them buying Disney) as well as Fox Corp., or would that just kill Apple?

Or maybe Meta (owners of Facebook) should buy 20th Century Studios from Disney, as well as Fox Corp., or would that ruin them as well?

Wait, I thought you were pondering the Merdoch boys riding in to take it back.

Now it's Apple or Meta?

So basically, you just don't want Disney to own 20th Century Studios unless they change the name to Touchstone for some reason.

Is there something about the name 20th Century Studios that rubs you the wrong way?

Nubs70

How do you sell something you can't produce more of? They run close to flat out normally, there isn't a lot of excess capacity sitting unused and if the supply lines are disrupted to the point it is not on the shelves then how does someone give them money for it?
Spot on. There is no excess production capacity.

MrPromey

They cannot. Although an additional facility is being retrofitted in Duluth MN and is taking well over 2 years to come online.
So we can expect to see falling TP prices since people like me with bidets are already stocked up with what for us, amounts to a four year supply and they'll be pumping out higher quantities now, post-pandemic?

Sounds about right! 👍

I guess they've still got hurricanes, flooding, earthquakes, and the 2024 presidential election to look forward to in terms of potential large-scale disasters so maybe there'll still be a need? 🤷‍♂️

To be fair to Lilofan, I think he was just throwing TP in there to be funny and we've all run with it like it's a serious talking point.

Lilofan

His point was, if everyone is sold out of TP and they can't make more than they already do sold-out-or-not, how can they profit off TP being sold out everywhere?
I pointed out sales through roof case in point March date 734% increase from previous March date. Poster pivoted and talked about something else like sold out everywhere.

MrPromey

I pointed out sales through roof case in point March date 734% increase from previous March date. Poster pivoted and talked about something else like sold out everywhere.
His point was, what did the numbers look like after March - after there was no more TP on the shelves.

Was it up or down?

If there was nothing to buy, it'd have to have been down - way down, right?

Just the same, you weren't really trying to get into a debate about TP here, were you?

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes

Now it's Apple or Meta?

So basically, you just don't want Disney to own 20th Century Studios unless they change the name to Touchstone for some reason.

Is there something about the name 20th Century Studios that rubs you the wrong way?
Forget Murdoch. He's having problems already. He needs to offload Fox Corp.

Also, 20th Century Studios sounds like a dumb name change.

Lilofan

His point was, what did the numbers look like after March - after there was no more TP on the shelves.

Was it up or down?

If there was nothing to buy, it'd have to have been down - way down, right?

Just the same, you weren't really trying to get into a debate about TP here, were you?
No I was not merely similar to what you said about your TP comment but the 734% increase of a March date compared to previous March date was impressive.

JoeCamel

Now it's Apple or Meta?

It's so last century?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom