News Park specific pricing will join date based pricing for single day Disney World park tickets

MrPromey

For those that can't see the size on the container, it's 1.5 quarts. I have a Breyers container in our freezer and checked the size. 😂
The link also lists the size. ;)

I knew it's been less for years now but since ice cream is not a common staple in my freezer, I haven't been paying a ton of attention over the years so I wonder, did they drop it that much all at once and it's been that way or has it gradually shrunk to current size.

Google could probably help me with that answer but I'm too lazy so I'll probably have to live with the mystery. 😞

Zipadeelady

I’ll be going to universal for now on
I was at Universal last Saturday. I paid $152 for my one day one park ticket. It was jammed packed. Hard to walk around the different lands. Wait times were comparable to Disney. There was a queue to even get into Three Broomsticks to order food. There was even queues for the women's restrooms. So how is this any different than Disney? Same price, same crowds, same waits. We had a good time and the rides were fun, some even fantastic. I don't get this mentality unless you haven't really been to both parks to realize they are both busy, both expensive and both a great time unless you find things to complain about

Epcot82Guy

I was at Universal last Saturday. I paid $152 for my one day one park ticket. It was jammed packed. Hard to walk around the different lands. Wait times were comparable to Disney. There was a queue to even get into Three Broomsticks to order food. There was even queues for the women's restrooms. So how is this any different than Disney? Same price, same crowds, same waits. We had a good time and the rides were fun, some even fantastic. I don't get this mentality unless you haven't really been to both parks to realize they are both busy, both expensive and both a great time unless you find things to complain about

This actually observes an interesting issue. Universal, historically, hasn't had crowds at these levels this early in the month. It's easy to talk about Disney being invincible, but it is driving people to the competition. Obviously, Universal is now dealing with some of Disney's own issues. But, Universal is set to literally double their park space capacity in relatively short order. That will be an interesting time.

dreday3

This actually observes an interesting issue. Universal, historically, hasn't had crowds at these levels this early in the month. It's easy to talk about Disney being invincible, but it is driving people to the competition. Obviously, Universal is now dealing with some of Disney's own issues. But, Universal is set to literally double their park space capacity in relatively short order. That will be an interesting time.

I just think all parks are packed right now. I keep reading Disney is mayhem. I'm even reading Dollywood is packed.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Q: How much does it cost for a family of 4 to go to Disney?

A:
1670511858416.png

Tony the Tigger

It was a no-brainer for me to renew from Silver to Pixie Dust when the passes switched to the new brands. Probably Disney's way to redistributing crowds by reducing those who would go on weekends and keeps them within M-F.
We’ve been doing the Pass Formerly Known As Weekday Select for many years. The value is outstanding, and I never want to be near Saturday/Holiday crowds.

In maybe 12 years it’s gone from something like $180 to $400. 👍🏻

AEfx

Not to mention, Saturday is also usually the busiest day at Universal parks because of the amount of locals with AP's who attend.

That said, the people who are pointing out the cost difference between Universal and Disney at this point is rather huge are generally referring to the typical week long vacation. It costs 1/3 to even 1/2 less to book a week on site at Universal, versus Disney, for comparable or better accommodations.

We priced out a week at Disney this winter, and then a week at Universal, and the cost difference is astounding. Especially if you go at least twice a year, because Universal still offers AP's at very reasonable prices. So for the price of one week at a moderate at WDW we can get two full weeks at Universal this year staying on-site and getting AP's (hint: save even more by buying the regular ticket ahead of time, and then upgrading to AP when you get there - this gives you the extra $200 ticket/hotel combo discount).

Then there are all the other factors - they have WAY better bus service, and it's so much easier to save money by eating off-site with so many restaurants around the area, even if you have to Uber to get to them (we always have a car, so it's super-easy). And while single express passes are expensive, they don't have nearly the impact on everyone else that Genie and all that crap does. If you do want them, the hotels that offer them totally included (no getting up at all hours to try to reserve one, etc. - you just have it for the day) are still way cheaper than their WDW counterparts. Personally, I have never felt the need - especially since every on-site guest gets early entry, which is usually enough to see the big rides that you would want it for anyway.

All that said...the biggest benefit at Universal is that you can, actually, you know, have a vacation and not have to sit and play on your phone all day. I only whip out my phone when it's time to order food. The rest of the day, you just go about doing what you want on vacation. What a novel concept, LOL.

JohnD

We’ve been doing the Pass Formerly Known As Weekday Select for many years. The value is outstanding, and I never want to be near Saturday/Holiday crowds.

In maybe 12 years it’s gone from something like $180 to $400. 👍🏻
It's also great for checking in on Sunday and checking out on Saturday. No pressure to go to a park on those days. Maybe hang out in DS and visit WoD to get some shopping out of the way or do a breakfast or brunch ADR on Saturday before driving home.

Basil of Baker Street

Not to mention, Saturday is also usually the busiest day at Universal parks because of the amount of locals with AP's who attend.

That said, the people who are pointing out the cost difference between Universal and Disney at this point is rather huge are generally referring to the typical week long vacation. It costs 1/3 to even 1/2 less to book a week on site at Universal, versus Disney, for comparable or better accommodations.

We priced out a week at Disney this winter, and then a week at Universal, and the cost difference is astounding. Especially if you go at least twice a year, because Universal still offers AP's at very reasonable prices. So for the price of one week at a moderate at WDW we can get two full weeks at Universal this year staying on-site and getting AP's (hint: save even more by buying the regular ticket ahead of time, and then upgrading to AP when you get there - this gives you the extra $200 ticket/hotel combo discount).

Then there are all the other factors - they have WAY better bus service, and it's so much easier to save money by eating off-site with so many restaurants around the area, even if you have to Uber to get to them (we always have a car, so it's super-easy). And while single express passes are expensive, they don't have nearly the impact on everyone else that Genie and all that crap does. If you do want them, the hotels that offer them totally included (no getting up at all hours to try to reserve one, etc. - you just have it for the day) are still way cheaper than their WDW counterparts. Personally, I have never felt the need - especially since every on-site guest gets early entry, which is usually enough to see the big rides that you would want it for anyway.

All that said...the biggest benefit at Universal is that you can, actually, you know, have a vacation and not have to sit and play on your phone all day. I only whip out my phone when it's time to order food. The rest of the day, you just go about doing what you want on vacation. What a novel concept, LOL.
You don't have to sit on your phone all day at Disney either. But if you'd like to, it will cost you $15-30pp.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom