News Park specific pricing will join date based pricing for single day Disney World park tickets

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
As Yogi Berra said, "nobody comes here anymore, its too crowded"

Undeniable truth of Disney Parks Rule Number 1 : The parks have always been and will continue to be over crowded.

Undeniable truth of Disney Parks Rule Number 2 : You are being lied to when you are told that price increases will mean a better guest experience. Just like Genie + was designed to create a better guest experience.

TheMaxRebo

Undeniable truth of Disney Parks Rule Number 1 : The parks have always been and will continue to be over crowded.

Undeniable truth of Disney Parks Rule Number 2 : You are being lied to when you are told that price increases will mean a better guest experience. Just like Genie + was designed to create a better guest experience.

Park reservations too

So between cost increases, Genie+, and park reservations there is no reason to not have a magical time!

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
So between cost increases, Genie+, and park reservations there is no reason to not have a magical time!
It's not mutually exclusive. I don't think it was ever a question of not having a good time. I mean most people going to Disney should probably know what they're getting themselves into right? It should not be a shock to anyone that it's expensive and crowded.

The problem arises after the guests have left and decide that they'd much rather do something else next year....or tell their friends and family that they should visit other places...etc.

Any Disney guest retention people want to chime in?

mysto

Am I missing out on a dungeon!? Maybe if I climb on the animatronics they will reveal it to me. Guest retention means chaining people up right? Is DVC a euphemism for dungeon and it's been right in front of me all along?

hsisthebest

At this point, there should be sociology majors studying the behaviors of people who would pay these prices for such a crowded and hot vacation. We went to DL this past summer- it was so much more laid back and the crowds started and finished small every day. I'm planning on a trip to DL Paris in 2024- I can fly my family of 6 there and back, spend 2 days in each park, and spend a week touring France for the same or less than a trip to WDW. I haven't been to Orlando since 2018 and don't see that changing any time soon.

SteveAZee

Next year they will keep the prices the same, but will simply make it the price for a half day admission. First group goes from 8am-3pm and Second group is there from 3pm-10pm at $189 a pop. Want to go all day? We’ll cut you a deal for an all day pass for only $299. That’s a 20% savings!
Then they will sell a park hopper to hop into the same park you're currently in.

TheMaxRebo

It's not mutually exclusive. I don't think it was ever a question of not having a good time. I mean most people going to Disney should probably know what they're getting themselves into right? It should not be a shock to anyone that it's expensive and crowded.

The problem arises after the guests have left and decide that they'd much rather do something else next year....or tell their friends and family that they should visit other places...etc.

Oh absolutely - people can have a good time.

The issue (at least for me) is when people like Chapek present the Park Reservations as a reason why the guest experience is improved, excellent vs an excellent time in spite of it

Chi84

Premium Member

I'm going back, but telling my friends and family to go other places.

EPCOT-O.G.

Do they sell park hoppers for one day tickets? If so, they could always remove the option.
They do, and have said the park hoppers will have variable prices as well.

If I wasn't clear, with the variable pricing for parks, it makes no sense to not keep the 2pm restriction. Otherwise, you'd incentivize a bunch of people to pay to go to the cheaper park and immediately park hop (to save a bunch per ticket in doing so)

UNCgolf

They do, and have said the park hoppers will have variable prices as well.

If I wasn't clear, with the variable pricing for parks, it makes no sense to not keep the 2pm restriction. Otherwise, you'd incentivize a bunch of people to pay to go to the cheaper park and immediately park hop (to save a bunch per ticket in doing so)

That's why I was suggesting they could eliminate the park hopper option on one day tickets and then the hopping restriction wouldn't be an issue -- I'm assuming those one day tickets are the only ones with variable pricing, unless they're completely overhauling everything about package vacations (which is possible).

MrPromey

If it shrunk then it would no longer be a half gallon.

Correct and it's not:

Same shape. Different Size.

I'll let you figure out how many quarts are in a half gallon to determine how much less you're getting these days.

_

Last edited:

Ayla

Correct and it's not:

I'll let you figure out how many quarts are in a half gallon to determine how much less you're getting these days.

_
For those that can't see the size on the container, it's 1.5 quarts. I have a Breyers container in our freezer and checked the size. 😂

drizgirl

Correct and it's not:

_
Christine McCarthy probably had something to do with it. She says your waistline will thank you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom