Art Smith's Homecoming

buckeyegator

Original Poster
finally got to eat there yesterday, lived up to the reputation. food was great, portions good enough to justify the prices, it is, afterall, disney associated.best way to describe is that it is a after you eat you want a nap meal.also, walked up w/o reservation. got a table 40 minutes later.on a side note still am amazed At the sheer number of food options in disney springs, but it looks like most were busy.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Some of the best food I've ever had...and I'm a born and raised Southern dude who regularly eats the food this menu was inspired by!!

buckeyegator

Original Poster
as for reservations, noticed at several hard to get spots when we were seated seemed to be a good amount of open tables, are they doing this to allow for more spontanious bookings or is it a result of the new 2 hour cancellation?

Phonedave

finally got to eat there yesterday, lived up to the reputation. food was great, portions good enough to justify the prices, it is, afterall, disney associated.best way to describe is that it is a after you eat you want a nap meal.also, walked up w/o reservation. got a table 40 minutes later.on a side note still am amazed At the sheer number of food options in disney springs, but it looks like most were busy.

This drives me crazy, especially at WDW. I don't want huge portions, especially at a theme park where I am staying in a hotel.

I would rather have half the portion at 25% off the price. Chances are, if a restaurant gives me a reasonable portion I am going to order dessert and coffee and perhaps a drink (where the real profit is). If they stuff me to the gills, I'm pushing back from the table, feeling sad about wasting food, and walking out the door without ordering anything else.

Hockey89

This drives me crazy, especially at WDW. I don't want huge portions, especially at a theme park where I am staying in a hotel.

I would rather have half the portion at 25% off the price. Chances are, if a restaurant gives me a reasonable portion I am going to order dessert and coffee and perhaps a drink (where the real profit is). If they stuff me to the gills, I'm pushing back from the table, feeling sad about wasting food, and walking out the door without ordering anything else.
So true. I couldn't agree more with you and the amount of calories in his food is repulsive....

Phonedave

So true. I couldn't agree more with you and the amount of calories in his food is repulsive....

I remember eating at The Lady and Sons. Paula Deen's restaurant in Savannah before she got "healthy". That was just horrendous. Especially the gooey butter cake.

I had issues with Emeril's whole "200 cloves of garlic" thing too. I know, it is just shtick for TV, but just because a little of something in food is good does not mean more of it is better. Except for butter in mashed potatoes. Joel Roubchon's mashed potatoes work with that much butter. They are by no means good for you at all, but they are delicious.

Hockey89

I remember eating at The Lady and Sons. Paula Deen's restaurant in Savannah before she got "healthy". That was just horrendous. Especially the gooey butter cake.

I had issues with Emeril's whole "200 cloves of garlic" thing too. I know, it is just shtick for TV, but just because a little of something in food is good does not mean more of it is better. Except for butter in mashed potatoes. Joel Roubchon's mashed potatoes work with that much butter. They are by no means good for you at all, but they are delicious.
I've had Joel's mash and they are insanely good. Capa makes a very similar mash as well...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom