Us: Beach Club Villas -- Friends: Contemporary Hotel *** Easiest way to hang out?

DisDork2002

Original Poster
I just found out that my friend and his family will be in WDW the same time as us in a trip coming up next month. While we are not planning on meeting up at the parks (hard enough to manage your own family's time and interests!) we would like to get together one afternoon/early evening. His family (Dad, Mom, 1 year old, 6 year old) will be staying at the Contemporary Hotel while we (Mom, Dad, 1 year old, 4 year old) are at the Beach Club Villas.

We will have a rental car, they will not.

Normally, it looks like I can't just drive my family over there to hang out at the Contemporary Resort unless we have a dining reservation. Are hotel guests allowed to have guests visit them? Alternatively, besides Minnie Vans it looks like the best ways to get from the Contemporary to the Boardwalk would be either taking a bus from MK or me just going over there and picking them up and driving them back. I don't think there's any preference either way as to who would "host" the others but we stayed at BLT last year and toured all the monorail hotels so the novelty is a little less appealing for us than it might be for them to see the Boardwalk area.

This is as far as I have gotten and just wanted to see if anyone on this board had advice for inter-resort meetups like these with little kids and what the path of least resistance might be.. thanks!

DisDork2002

Original Poster
you are a walk from Epcot and they are a Monorail ride.

Yeah, I looked at that. They aren't planning on going to Epcot unfortunately and it looks like the Monorail drops them off at the other side of Epcot. Is it easy to get from the Epcot monorail station to the boardwalk?

dreday3

They would need a ticket/reservation to get to Boardwalk area if taking monorail to Epcot because they would have to enter park and walk through entire park to the International Gateway Entrance which leads to Boardwalk hotels.

Fun way -tell them to take bus from CR to DHS and then they can take boat (or walk) over to Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach. Or even take a Skyliner ride from DHS to Epcot International Gateway and walk over.

Or yes, just have them walk to MK from CR and catch bus to your hotel. That's most direct. :)

DisDork2002

Original Poster
They would need a ticket/reservation to get to Boardwalk area if taking monorail to Epcot because they would have to enter park and walk through entire park to the International Gateway Entrance which leads to Boardwalk hotels.

Fun way -tell them to take bus from CR to DHS and then they can take boat (or walk) over to Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach. Or even take a Skyliner ride from DHS to Epcot International Gateway and walk over.

Or yes, just have them walk to MK from CR and catch bus to your hotel. That's most direct. :)

Great tips! I didn't consider the DHS -> Boat option, that's a very grand way to arrive!

nickys

Premium Member
I would do this but meet them at DHS. Then you could either take a ride on the Skyliner or the boat to the IG or Beach Club.
Maybe do one in one direction and then the other back. Then they just take the bus back to the Contemporary.
Or do both trips with them. There’s also the entertainment on the Boardwalk and the Surrey Bikes.

DisDork2002

Original Poster
I would do this but meet them at DHS. Then you could either take a ride on the Skyliner or the boat to the IG or Beach Club.
Maybe do one in one direction and then the other back. Then they just take the bus back to the Contemporary.
Or do both trips with them. There’s also the entertainment on the Boardwalk and the Surrey Bikes.

Great advice. We're definitely more of the "Disney Pros" so it would be very thoughtful if not proper for us to guide them along once they pass the simple instructions of "Take the bus from your hotel to DHS-- .....sorry, DHS is Disney Hollywood Studios. Just get on that bus and let me know when you arrive!"

Animal_Kingdom_09

From Beach Club just take the bus to MK and walk to the Contemporary. Reverse also works. From the Contemporary we have used the MK bus service to get anywhere except DS.

SteveAZee

Hmmm... can they add you (and your car) to their reservation? That way you'd be able to drive in and park at the Contemporary. Of course, you'd also be able to access their room, so I guess it depends how good friends you are. :)

I just checked and it looks like the Contemporary rooms allow for 5 if one is under 3 years old.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Hmmm... can they add you (and your car) to their reservation? That way you'd be able to drive in and park at the Contemporary. Of course, you'd also be able to access their room, so I guess it depends how good friends you are. :)

I just checked and it looks like the Contemporary rooms allow for 5 if one is under 3 years old.
But more than 2 adults in the room incurs a $25+tax fee every night of the reservation. ;)

Chi84

Premium Member
I would try emailing either guest services or your resort and ask your question. Sometimes you will get information that is not widely publicized. Sometimes you will get a silly non-answer, but it never hurts to try.

StarWarsGirl

Also, not sure if OP is a DVC member, but at least pre-COVID, DVC members could pool hop (with some restrictions) so that is also an option. I'm not sure if that's still an option post COVID.

U.R._Courageous

If you have your friends room number and last name the Contemporary guard shack will let you in. We stay regularly and have friends from Florida visit us almost every visit.

Ayla

Also, not sure if OP is a DVC member, but at least pre-COVID, DVC members could pool hop (with some restrictions) so that is also an option. I'm not sure if that's still an option post COVID.
SAB has always been excluded from pool hopping.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom