Swan Reserve to MDE integration broken - impacting dining?

Mark P.

Original Poster
We've been trying to book dining reservations for our upcoming stay at the Reserve and anything that's more than 60 days out is resulting in an error message, even though our resort stay is correctly linked and visible in MDE *and* the "search results" are showing availability. Disney dining CM we spoke to opened an IT ticket and was able to book us manually but didn't know what was causing it. Anyone have any insights here? We've stayed at the Reserve before and have had no problems making reservations beyond 60 days out, so this feels like a recent - and fairly significant - breakdown.

CaptainAmerica

This is a common issue even for normal Disney owned-and-operated hotels. There's something broken in the cookies where the site "forgets" that you're signed in to a My Disney Experience profile with a resort reservation. Sometimes people have luck switching from Mobile to Desktop; or Desktop to Mobile; or logging out and logging back in; or using an Incognito/Private browser.

But nothing seems to work consistently.

nickys

Premium Member
We've been trying to book dining reservations for our upcoming stay at the Reserve and anything that's more than 60 days out is resulting in an error message, even though our resort stay is correctly linked and visible in MDE *and* the "search results" are showing availability. Disney dining CM we spoke to opened an IT ticket and was able to book us manually but didn't know what was causing it. Anyone have any insights here? We've stayed at the Reserve before and have had no problems making reservations beyond 60 days out, so this feels like a recent - and fairly significant - breakdown.
Wher exactly are you checking?

If you are on the website and just go to a restaurant page, the calendar on that page will only go to 60 days out. That happens to (almost) everyone - I say almost because there’s bound to be someone who says it works fine for them!

If you click on the “check availability” button, you then get another calendar which should now show your full stay.

If you’ve already tried that then I think you’ll need to call.

zappy

Be on the lookout to see if your Swan Reserve hotel stay drops off MDE. Our last stay at Swan for some reason the hotel would drop off every so often so I would have re-attach to MDE.

the.dreamfinder

Be on the lookout to see if your Swan Reserve hotel stay drops off MDE. Our last stay at Swan for some reason the hotel would drop off every so often so I would have re-attach to MDE.
The integration between MDE and Swolphin can really suck. On my last trip, February ‘22, I wasted several hours waiting for Guest Relations to reconnect my tickets to MDE.

The risk of this happening is worse than their bus situation tbh.

Dad 2 M & M

One risk that may be overlooked is the Extra Magic Evening(s) access. If the ressie is not showing in you MDE, you can get the "Key to the World Card" from the Swan/Dolphin front desk that will allow you to use the MK and Epcot Extended Evening Hours (by showing to Cast Members in Park).....but the additional 6:00 Virtual Guardians will not be available for you to snag.....

Last edited:

Mark P.

Original Poster
This is a common issue even for normal Disney owned-and-operated hotels. There's something broken in the cookies where the site "forgets" that you're signed in to a My Disney Experience profile with a resort reservation. Sometimes people have luck switching from Mobile to Desktop; or Desktop to Mobile; or logging out and logging back in; or using an Incognito/Private browser.

But nothing seems to work consistently.
Desktop, mobile, incognito or otherwise, it's the same experience. Logging out, hard rebooting, clearing browser cache/cookies - nothing was working: as long as I was selecting a date more than 60 days out, even if it was during my stay (which was properly linked to MDE), the transaction was erroring out.
Wher exactly are you checking?

If you are on the website and just go to a restaurant page, the calendar on that page will only go to 60 days out. That happens to (almost) everyone - I say almost because there’s bound to be someone who says it works fine for them!

If you click on the “check availability” button, you then get another calendar which should now show your full stay.

If you’ve already tried that then I think you’ll need to call.
I was checking on the website, where there were absolutely selectable dates beyond 60 days inclusive of my dates of stay. I did end up getting the bookings we wanted, and now that we're within 60 days I'll have no issues making any modifications myself, but the experience is seriously frustrating and, as you said, wildly inconsistent since "sometimes" it works!
This has happened in previous stays at Swan/Dolphin/Reserve, to the extent that I am now forcing myself to re-check in MDE on a regular basis in the weeks leading up to our trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom