Walt Disney Company 100 at [Cabochon] Disneyland

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
While I agree with the sentiment in theory, if it’s a celebration of the company itself it does make sense to have it at least partially in and around the greater Los Angeles area where the company was founded, which includes DL as a prominent touch point in the history of TWDC.

Ideally WDW would play a prominent role too, though but after the embarrassment that was the 50th I think we need to emphasize and embolden your own point above.
Exactly. The bulk of the celebration should be in California in general, especially in Los Angeles, given the history. It makes sense to have it at Disneyland, once again, given the history with it being the first Disney park.

WDW will eventually get a piece of the celebration.

wtyy21

Exactly. The bulk of the celebration should be in California in general, especially in Los Angeles, given the history. It makes sense to have it at Disneyland, once again, given the history with it being the first Disney park.

WDW will eventually get a piece of the celebration.
This is not only DLR-WDW celebration, but also global celebration with centerpiece and majority of events have taken place at Disneyland Resort in California, the birthplace of TWDC. So, not only WDW will get a part of celebration, but also Disney Cruise Line (coincides with its own 25th anniversary), International Disney theme parks and resorts also get involved in some own ways (TDR celebrate its 40th coincided with Disney100).

Additionally, there also Disney100: The Exhibition at The Franklin Institute in Philadelphia, London, and Munich, Disney100: The Concert in many cities across the world, and even Disney100 event at Jewel Changi Airport. These events formed a large part of the worldwide Disney100 celebration outside of theme parks.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
This is not only DLR-WDW celebration, but also global celebration with centerpiece and majority of events have taken place at Disneyland Resort in California, the birthplace of TWDC. So, not only WDW will get a part of celebration, but also Disney Cruise Line (coincides with its own 25th anniversary), International Disney theme parks and resorts also get involved in some own ways (TDR celebrate its 40th coincided with Disney100).

Additionally, there also Disney100: The Exhibition at The Franklin Institute in Philadelphia, London, and Munich, Disney100: The Concert in many cities across the world, and even Disney100 event at Jewel Changi Airport. These events formed a large part of the worldwide Disney100 celebration outside of theme parks.
I’m aware of this, but the “heart” (Disney’s words) of the celebration is taking place here, specifically at Disneyland. Disneyland is at the center of it, as it should be.

TP2000

And they're planning to restart it.

Good news, but.... Oh for freaks sake! What numbskull idiot cancelled this program in the first place? And then why would you need a ridiculously meaningless press statement like this to restart something you canned only two weeks ago?

“Innovation and change are part of the fabric of the Disneyland Resort,” according to Disneyland officials. “With the relaunch of the All-American College Band program, we remain committed to offering educational experiences that embrace the ever-evolving educational landscape of colleges and universities across the country while continuing to reflect the magical and memorable experiences that are uniquely Disney.”

Read that above statement again, and try to hold down the puke. 🤢

The ability to use so many words to explain a band of fresh-faced college kids playing snappy music every summer in an amusement park is breathtaking. And yet not unexpected in today's world of many, many words that say very, very little.

Just admit you screwed up by cancelling the All-American College Band and move on. Do the same thing you've done for the past 50 years and recruit a band for this summer. Done! It's not rocket science or "innovation", it's a college kid band at an amusement park. :rolleyes:

TP2000

I mean, for people like us who live and breathe Disneyland it seems like a silly mistake. And Rolling Stone should do their research.

But it is kind of confusing to have a Disney100 celebration at Disneyland so I can see how that mistake could be made.

Have you read some of the things that pass as "journalism" in Rolling Stone in the past decade? It's all about as accurate and truthful and expertly fact-checked as claiming Disneyland is turning 100 this year. The University of Virginia, the makers of Ivermectin, the state of Oklahoma, and several others could only wish for the inaccuracies and outright lies in Rolling Stone reporting to be this minor and 32 years off!

Anyone with half a brain who still reads Rolling Stone should expect this level of professionalism, or lack thereof, from them.

Last edited:

waltography

I was scrolling through TikTok and saw a live that showed the castle decor and it indeed does have some spotlights on the fairies to color them, but it's a super subtle effect.

IMG_1506.jpg

Also, this is cute:

SuddenStorm

I like the new color but it’s so crazy they needed two takes to get this right. Lol

How many mishaps like this in the last few weeks? It's a joke at this point.

I'm embarrassed when I send a work email and catch a typo after. I couldn't imagine typing something, having it made and posted inside Disneyland, and then having a typo there for the world to see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom