New menus coming to Wilderness Lodge

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Yum!

I hope you’re ready to learn about what’s cooking over at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge because this resort has some exciting, and delicious, updates at two of its locations – Territory Loungeand Roaring Fork. Both of these spots are getting some new additions to their menus, and trust me, they won’t disappoint.

Let’s kick things off at Territory Lounge where, starting today, the menu is entering a whole new territory filled with delicious eats and sips that will leave you coming back again and again. This hidden gem found within Disney’s Wilderness Lodge showcases shareable dishes highlighting tasty flavors, but with an elevated and fun twist.

wcw63728193745938.jpg

If you love popcorn, the Territory Popcorn Sampler features the chef’s take on popcorn with spicy, caramel, sea salt, truffle, and BBQ flavors. The Artisanal Cheese and Charcuterie isn’t your average charcuterie board – you have to see it to believe it! Chef Brian Knox carefully selected Oregon and Utah cheeses with a focus on smokey notes and even a cheese wrapped in honey and sea salt – accompanied by fresh honeycomb, pickled vegetables, and handcrafted bread.

There are also some flavorful flatbreads new to the menu. The Loaded Baked Potato Flatbreadis topped with bacon, potato, chive cream cheese, and crème fresh while the Salmon Run is topped with an in-house dill-cured gravlax salmon with truffle cream cheese, fried capers, onions, black sea salt, and dill. Now those are some bites to fuel you up for any expedition!

wcw47289193474658.jpg

Rounding out the new menu items are the Bacon on the Wire and the Bone and Brie. The Bacon on the Wire takes a new meaning to an elevated dish with black pepper candied bacon cured in smoked paprika and bourbon, cold smoked, and roasted perfectly with a bourbon glaze. And, it doesn’t just have bacon; it features deviled eggs topped with fried shrimp, chipotle beef jerky, and salmon candy with a bourbon drizzle.

The Bone and Brie will leave you wanting to devour every last bite on this foodie adventure. With roasted bone marrow, honey-baked brie baked in a cast iron skillet with marionberry onion jam, this shareable dish is a must-try.

wcw478818364859.jpg

In addition to these mouthwatering eats, there are new hand-crafted beverages joining the menu for those over 21 looking to indulge. The National 95, a coast-to-coast twist on the classic French 95 cocktail, combines Whistle Pig Rye from the East coast with simple syrup, and sparkling Argyle Brut from the West coast while the Lewis and Clark-inspired L&C G&T features Fords Gin, St. Germaine, and elderflower tonic, garnished with a cucumber ribbon and fresh flower.

If you’re interested in fruity flavors, there’s a few options for you too! The Orchards Bounty is made up of Ketel One Peach & Orange Blossom Botanicals vodka, house-made pinot gris syrup, Dolin Blanc vermouth, and Aperol. Sangria fans will love the Orange Spiced Sangria, a drink with Chateau Ste Michelle cabernet, Cointreau orange liqueur, apple cider, and house-made orange spice syrup. The Northwoods masterfully brings together Bulleit Rye, house-made rosemary syrup, citrus juices, and maple into one delicious cocktail.

For a campfire feel on a classic cocktail, the Smores Old Fashioned has Elijah Craig bourbon, toasted marshmallow syrup, and chocolate bitters garnished with perfectly toasted marshmallows – yum! And finally, the Timeless Elias is a smoking libation featuring Macallan 12 yr. scotch, house-made vanilla bean syrup, and Courvoisier VSOP.

As you can see, the Territory Lounge is bringing its best to the foodie game and taking you on a culinary journey out west through your taste buds with all these new and exciting items!

wcw7483835483832.jpg

Beginning on October 11, Roaring Fork is also getting some tasty new treats that you are definitely going to want to try. Kickstart your day with one of the new breakfast options. The Meat and Potatoes Quiche with broccoli, potatoes, bacon, ham, and gouda and the Vegetable Lover’s Quiche with peppers, onions, leeks, green peas, potatoes, broccoli, fresh herb, and cheddar are delicious options to fuel up on before your adventure. For some sweet starts, indulge in the Warm Freshly Baked Cinnamon Roll with fresh blueberries and blueberry cream cheese frosting or the extra-large Warm Grizzly Bear Claw with mixed nuts and raisin filling.

As the day moves onto lunch and dinner, there are some more items recently added that you need to taste. The Asian-Style Noodle Salad is quite refreshing with tofu, mixed vegetables, crispy rice noodles, and fried wontons. You can even add chicken or shrimp for some added protein! The Heirloom Tomato Salad with pickled wild mushrooms, burrata cheese, red pepper pesto, and basil is also a tasty, lighter option.

wcw748399329274648.jpg

If you’re looking for a heartier dish, I’ve got two more for you. The Country-style Baked Meatloaf features buttery green peas, chunky mashed potatoes, and gravy for a classic meal. The Barbecued Brisket and Burnt Ends with potato hash, fiery coleslaw, and cornbread features some comfort BBQ fare packed with flavor.

wcw748929136593928.jpg

Now, if you’re like me and have a love of sweets, there are quite a few desserts available all day long that are joining Roaring Fork’s repertoire. The Almond Walnut Bundt Cake is a must with a coffee glaze and cream cheese icing. If you’ve got a taste for blueberry, the house-made Blueberry Thyme Crumb Pie is a seasonal item that will change flavors throughout the year, so you can keep coming back. The adorable Bear Mousse Cake brings together raspberry mousse, almond cake, and dark chocolate ganache into a treat that is almost too cute to eat – almost.

Lastly, Humphrey the Bear has a passion for honey and the new Humphrey Bee Hive Cake is the perfect sweet eat for him. This delightful dish is made with chocolate cake, passionfruit mousse, sugar bees, and a white chocolate Humphrey on top.

I, for one, can’t wait to take a journey over to Disney’s Wilderness Lodge to indulge in all the goodies coming to both Territory Lounge and Roaring Fork. I sure hope you’re as excited as me!

(Note: All offerings are subject to change and availability.)

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Yum!

I hope you’re ready to learn about what’s cooking over at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge because this resort has some exciting, and delicious, updates at two of its locations – Territory Loungeand Roaring Fork. Both of these spots are getting some new additions to their menus, and trust me, they won’t disappoint.

Let’s kick things off at Territory Lounge where, starting today, the menu is entering a whole new territory filled with delicious eats and sips that will leave you coming back again and again. This hidden gem found within Disney’s Wilderness Lodge showcases shareable dishes highlighting tasty flavors, but with an elevated and fun twist.

wcw63728193745938.jpg

If you love popcorn, the Territory Popcorn Sampler features the chef’s take on popcorn with spicy, caramel, sea salt, truffle, and BBQ flavors. The Artisanal Cheese and Charcuterie isn’t your average charcuterie board – you have to see it to believe it! Chef Brian Knox carefully selected Oregon and Utah cheeses with a focus on smokey notes and even a cheese wrapped in honey and sea salt – accompanied by fresh honeycomb, pickled vegetables, and handcrafted bread.

There are also some flavorful flatbreads new to the menu. The Loaded Baked Potato Flatbreadis topped with bacon, potato, chive cream cheese, and crème fresh while the Salmon Run is topped with an in-house dill-cured gravlax salmon with truffle cream cheese, fried capers, onions, black sea salt, and dill. Now those are some bites to fuel you up for any expedition!

wcw47289193474658.jpg

Rounding out the new menu items are the Bacon on the Wire and the Bone and Brie. The Bacon on the Wire takes a new meaning to an elevated dish with black pepper candied bacon cured in smoked paprika and bourbon, cold smoked, and roasted perfectly with a bourbon glaze. And, it doesn’t just have bacon; it features deviled eggs topped with fried shrimp, chipotle beef jerky, and salmon candy with a bourbon drizzle.

The Bone and Brie will leave you wanting to devour every last bite on this foodie adventure. With roasted bone marrow, honey-baked brie baked in a cast iron skillet with marionberry onion jam, this shareable dish is a must-try.

wcw478818364859.jpg

In addition to these mouthwatering eats, there are new hand-crafted beverages joining the menu for those over 21 looking to indulge. The National 95, a coast-to-coast twist on the classic French 95 cocktail, combines Whistle Pig Rye from the East coast with simple syrup, and sparkling Argyle Brut from the West coast while the Lewis and Clark-inspired L&C G&T features Fords Gin, St. Germaine, and elderflower tonic, garnished with a cucumber ribbon and fresh flower.

If you’re interested in fruity flavors, there’s a few options for you too! The Orchards Bounty is made up of Ketel One Peach & Orange Blossom Botanicals vodka, house-made pinot gris syrup, Dolin Blanc vermouth, and Aperol. Sangria fans will love the Orange Spiced Sangria, a drink with Chateau Ste Michelle cabernet, Cointreau orange liqueur, apple cider, and house-made orange spice syrup. The Northwoods masterfully brings together Bulleit Rye, house-made rosemary syrup, citrus juices, and maple into one delicious cocktail.

For a campfire feel on a classic cocktail, the Smores Old Fashioned has Elijah Craig bourbon, toasted marshmallow syrup, and chocolate bitters garnished with perfectly toasted marshmallows – yum! And finally, the Timeless Elias is a smoking libation featuring Macallan 12 yr. scotch, house-made vanilla bean syrup, and Courvoisier VSOP.

As you can see, the Territory Lounge is bringing its best to the foodie game and taking you on a culinary journey out west through your taste buds with all these new and exciting items!

wcw7483835483832.jpg

Beginning on October 11, Roaring Fork is also getting some tasty new treats that you are definitely going to want to try. Kickstart your day with one of the new breakfast options. The Meat and Potatoes Quiche with broccoli, potatoes, bacon, ham, and gouda and the Vegetable Lover’s Quiche with peppers, onions, leeks, green peas, potatoes, broccoli, fresh herb, and cheddar are delicious options to fuel up on before your adventure. For some sweet starts, indulge in the Warm Freshly Baked Cinnamon Roll with fresh blueberries and blueberry cream cheese frosting or the extra-large Warm Grizzly Bear Claw with mixed nuts and raisin filling.

As the day moves onto lunch and dinner, there are some more items recently added that you need to taste. The Asian-Style Noodle Salad is quite refreshing with tofu, mixed vegetables, crispy rice noodles, and fried wontons. You can even add chicken or shrimp for some added protein! The Heirloom Tomato Salad with pickled wild mushrooms, burrata cheese, red pepper pesto, and basil is also a tasty, lighter option.

wcw748399329274648.jpg

If you’re looking for a heartier dish, I’ve got two more for you. The Country-style Baked Meatloaf features buttery green peas, chunky mashed potatoes, and gravy for a classic meal. The Barbecued Brisket and Burnt Ends with potato hash, fiery coleslaw, and cornbread features some comfort BBQ fare packed with flavor.

wcw748929136593928.jpg

Now, if you’re like me and have a love of sweets, there are quite a few desserts available all day long that are joining Roaring Fork’s repertoire. The Almond Walnut Bundt Cake is a must with a coffee glaze and cream cheese icing. If you’ve got a taste for blueberry, the house-made Blueberry Thyme Crumb Pie is a seasonal item that will change flavors throughout the year, so you can keep coming back. The adorable Bear Mousse Cake brings together raspberry mousse, almond cake, and dark chocolate ganache into a treat that is almost too cute to eat – almost.

Lastly, Humphrey the Bear has a passion for honey and the new Humphrey Bee Hive Cake is the perfect sweet eat for him. This delightful dish is made with chocolate cake, passionfruit mousse, sugar bees, and a white chocolate Humphrey on top.

I, for one, can’t wait to take a journey over to Disney’s Wilderness Lodge to indulge in all the goodies coming to both Territory Lounge and Roaring Fork. I sure hope you’re as excited as me!

Looking good! Looks like I'll be making a visit next December.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Looking good! Looks like I'll be making a visit next December.
We have a trip next August and I was a bit on the fence and thinking of changing until I saw that our studio will be newly renovated and now these new menus. Excited to stay here now. It’s been awhile. We kept moving elsewhere because the rooms were so beat up in Boulder Ridge.

Club Cooloholic

Love the bone marrow and brie option. Not a huge fan of the meats hanging from the wire presentation, just a little too slaughterhouse vibe for me.

JIMINYCR

Thanks for the update. It’s too bad that a lot of guests don’t think about some of the wonderful faire that comes in some of the resort spots. Well worth taking a trip over to try it out.

Phonedave

Love the bone marrow and brie option. Not a huge fan of the meats hanging from the wire presentation, just a little too slaughterhouse vibe for me.

I liked the idea 5+ years ago when it was relatively new. It's kind of played out now.

David Burke has had bacon on a clothesline in all of his restaurants for near to a decade now.

I also wish chef's would stop with the truffles. Real truffles, fine. But these restaurants at these price points are using truffle oil, which has no truffle in it, and frankly tastes like garbage. I really can't stand it, it tastes horrible.

Imhere

I liked the idea 5+ years ago when it was relatively new. It's kind of played out now.

David Burke has had bacon on a clothesline in all of his restaurants for near to a decade now.

I also wish chef's would stop with the truffles. Real truffles, fine. But these restaurants at these price points are using truffle oil, which has no truffle in it, and frankly tastes like garbage. I really can't stand it, it tastes horrible.
So, I'll put you down as a 'maybe'?

Hockey89

Wow, someone is a grump today lol....

The other item I don't see any more around my parts which i love is sweetbreads.... I don't see bone marrow that much anymore either....

GimpYancIent

Yum!

wcw63728193745938.jpg

wcw47289193474658.jpg

wcw478818364859.jpg

wcw7483835483832.jpg

wcw748399329274648.jpg

wcw748929136593928.jpg

Visually interesting and appealing. Excellent presentation! Hope the dishes taste as good as they look!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Yum!

wcw63728193745938.jpg

wcw47289193474658.jpg

wcw478818364859.jpg

wcw7483835483832.jpg

wcw748399329274648.jpg

wcw748929136593928.jpg

This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. Please help improve it by removing promotional content and inappropriate external links, and by adding encyclopedic content written from a neutral point of view. (October 2022)

Seriously, though, I hope the Roaring Fork changes don't spell the end of the Bounty Platter.

dreday3

Those cocktails sound great. The flatbreads sound good too.

Maybe we will take a detour from MK one night and go there for a drink and a flatbread. I love taking the boat there from MK, then can take it back before close.

I really wish Disney would put some care/thought into helping the Beach Club a bit. I know it's location is why we all book there, but darn that bar....I'm sure they could plus it up with a New England coastal bar menu. Clams anyone? :D

Phonedave

Wow, someone is a grump today lol....

The other item I don't see any more around my parts which i love is sweetbreads.... I don't see bone marrow that much anymore either....

Sweetbreads are definitely different from anything else and can easily be messed up. I also doubt they are a fast moving dish, so that may be part of the reason why they are not on many menus. I don't see marrow that much anymore either.

Chez Napoleon in NYC is still closed as far as I am aware, and if they ever do come back, maybe they will even ditch the sweetbreads (and the brains in black butter).

Truffle oil is what set me off :) I don't know if I have a cilantro like gene for artificial truffles, but artificial truffle oil is really off putting to me. It just tastes bad, like rancid. I love mushrooms and real truffles, but when I see something like "truffle fries" on a menu, I just stay away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom