percentage of hourly thru-put, genie/lightning lane vs standby

buckeyegator

Original Poster
i know disney will never release this, but does anyone have any ideas on how thru-put is divided?if a ride averages 4,000 people per hour, what % is allocated for lightning lane and what for stand by, seems to me at least 2/3 is lightning lane, thoughts?

buckeyegator

Original Poster
i know disney will never release this, but does anyone have any ideas on how thru-put is divided?if a ride averages 4,000 people per hour, what % is allocated for lightning lane and what for stand by, seems to me at least 2/3 is lightning lane, thoughts?
For Fastpass+, I think most rides were 75-80% FP. I’d imagine it’s about the same for G+/ILL now.
So how long until people bite the bullet buy genie then have the lightning lane line evolve into a 30 minute wait?

Raidermatt

So how long until people bite the bullet buy genie then have the lightning lane line evolve into a 30 minute wait?
Disney would either raise the price or cap the purchases before that happened. This is why they stopped allowing G+ to be purchased in advance. They want the ability to cap it if they believe it is needed.

castlecake2.0

1664987725710.gif

mysto

There are limited ride reservations regardless of how many are purchased. If LL is 30 minutes it's because too many reservations were allowed, not too many G+ contracts sold. Long LL lines can only happen if they want it to.

AndyS2992

Having just come back from a trip, I never waited more than five minutes for any ride using Genie+. Most of the return times were instant so I'd book a ride, tap in, and book the next as I walked through the queue of the ride I just tapped in and smashed through all the rides in each park before noon. Yes it's annoying you have to pay for something which was once free, but personally I thought Genie+ worked great and is an improvement over FP+. If you don't want to wait in long lines then bite the bullet and pay for it. Time is money in a theme park.

Sirwalterraleigh

Having just come back from a trip, I never waited more than five minutes for any ride using Genie+. Most of the return times were instant so I'd book a ride, tap in, and book the next as I walked through the queue of the ride I just tapped in and smashed through all the rides in each park before noon. Yes it's annoying you have to pay for something which was once free, but personally I thought Genie+ worked great and is an improvement over FP+. If you don't want to wait in long lines then bite the bullet and pay for it. Time is money in a theme park.
I had a pretty easy situation in the summer with it…which leads me to believe the numbers using it were a lot lower than they’re trying to twist it to look like

NickMaio

It's very busy this week.
Most genie waits for us were 10-15mins.
And most gaps have been a few hours away.

I really miss the days when WE could pick the return times.

Rat sold our of genie plus by 7:11 yesterday.

Sirwalterraleigh

Yep. There’s a lot of uncertainty around what has been said.
I’ll say this: I found genie to be incredibly useful…and I was a noted crusader AGAINST + on This and “the other” forum….

And I’m not a fan of paying for the same rides two or THREE times the same day…as the flock or sheep has taken to…

But it’s a balancing act/scheme with finite spaces for butts and larger aggregate attendance 365 days a year than what they comfortably can handle…

But it’s “held” so far…the only way I can conceivably see that working is if the purchasing/use is a bit lower than Slaphead is pumping to his stock lords?

Fundamentally…Iger didn’t add enough stuff…and it’s been a shell game since about 2010. You can’t have high percentage of prebooks or it will suck just as + bogged down and fell into.

That’s why you can’t do anything till 7 am…raise the number of people who buy it and naturally screw up in real time. They need that to happen.

Oh well…as always it’s fascinating to watch it play.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom