How does Space 220 work these days?

LittleMerman

Original Poster
I'm going to WDW in Dec and my 60 day window is coming up. I remember Space 220 reservations being complicated - can we make reservations online? Is there a walk-up line in case we can't get reservations? Same questions for the Lounge... not sure how that works. Thank you so much.

Weather_Lady

The restaurant, and table seating in the lounge, are both reservation-only now (through MDE, just like other TS restaurants). The only walk-up is if you want to sit at the bar in the lounge (no children), in which case I believe you must physically wait in a line.

ADRs are hard to get at 60 days out, so you'll have better luck trying for later in your trip (if you are staying onsite and have a "60 days+length-of-stay" ADR window). If at first you don't succeed, touringplans.com has a reservation finder tool that can let you know if something opens up later, although you'll have to click on it quickly before someone else does!

Last edited:

StarshipDisney

Just tried this morning days 61-65 in December. NOTHING available including the lounge.

All these people who say they got a same-day reservation must be blessed.

DisneyfanMA

Aside from touringplans alerts, there's mouseseats, wdwpassport and others. I signed up for free alerts at multiple sites.

I personally had the most success with mousedining.com. Sign up for the 5 free email alerts. If you really want Space 220, and possibly other hard to get ADRs, consider the subscription upgrade. I paid for 1 month (8 bucks) at my 60 day window, which included sms txt alerts to my phone and got I 90% of what I wanted. Have to be quick, when alert comes through click right away If you miss, just keep waiting and trying (others are also using alerts and or just checking - and sometimes even if quick you will strike out). Eventually you get it. Just takes patience. I was off property and found my options pretty poor - basically I was down to my 4th or 5th choice at each park......The alerts saved all my heartache and I got my 1st or 2nd choice within 2 weeks. I canceled after 1 month as I was happy with what I got. The best time though ironically is about a week or less before your trip as people cancel excess reservations and the alerts will go wild, so if you're willing to pay 2 months worth you'll likely get 100% of what you want, or just wait until 1 month before your trip to buy the subscription if you don't want spend too much. It was the best $8 I could have invested as I'm really excited with some of the places I got.

StantonZ

I walked-up 2 weeks ago. Granted I'm a party of 1 but I waited maybe 15 minutes
I think the "party of 1" thing is the key; I did something similar at Ohana once (and we all know that was a tough ticket).
We were unable to secure ADR's for Space 220 during our visit last week (both 60 days out/week of/including lounge). In fact, I think you can safely put it up there with Cinderella's Royal Table as one of toughest reservations to get on property right now. For the record, we were able to eat in the castle (I think) only because we did it during the Halloween Party (so the qualified pool was smaller).

DCLcruiser

I walked-up 2 weeks ago. Granted I'm a party of 1 but I waited maybe 15 minutes
Can you share the time? Lunch, Dinner etc. So far I can't get Space *220* or the Lounge. I signed up for the free Touring Plans and I also paid for MouseWatcher. We don't have kids, so the bar is fine.

Last edited:
We couldn't get a reservation for a good time to get lunch or dinner at Space 2020, but we were able to wait about 1 hour in line to get to the Space 2020 lounge. This was on 9-30-22 in the evening. We still made it to the nighttime show. We ended up getting two nonalcholic drinks and the sliders. My 13 year old daugher got a coke that had something that made it sparkle in it which was cool. That worked a lot better since dinner would have cost us $95 per person and I don't think that would be worth the price. The lounge let us "experience" the hype of the restaurant.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I have given up that as a local I'll ever have the chance to experience Space 220. Since they do not hold any reservations back from the 60+10 window for resort guests, the place is always 100% booked thus excluding all but Disney Resort guests from a normal planned in-advance reservation to experience it. While I get that most here believe that resort guests should get 'privilege' and all others are second-class citizens, I've never been a fan of that resulting in completely excluding all other guests from experiencing something like this. And since the restaurant is clearly at 100% occupancy, Disney doesn't really care. /End Whine

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'll say that it's our current favorite in Epcot. I was in Tuesday morning for ADRs promptly at 6 am for my 60+8 day and was only able to get three reservations for two of them lounge and one in the regular seating on our last day. They go really fast and even with the + up to 10 day advantage you have slim if any pickings.

curry767

Yep, you can pretty much count out anything before 60 +5, realistically 60 +8, +9 or +10 are probably your only chance when your reservation window opens and even that is tough if your set on a particular time.

Last edited:

donsullivan

Premium Member
It sounds like this is another one where I wish Disney would have a maximum number of visits per month threshold so the same resort guests aren't eating up all the reservations (multiple times per week), totally blocking out non resort guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom