Whats in TSM building?

J4546

Original Poster
Only half of the buildig houses the ride right? or maybe im wrong. Whats the other half, and could it be relocated?

Movielover

Only half of the buildig houses the ride right? or maybe im wrong. Whats the other half, and could it be relocated?
1664266024980.jpeg

Not 100 percent sure how accurate the third track side is since this is not my picture but this gives you a starting point to see what is going on in the former soundstages.

J4546

Original Poster
gotach thanks! I didnt know there were 3 tracks, I thought just the 2. Was thinking it would be cool if the 3rd track didnt exist, they gutted the building and made an indoor toy stoy playland like ariels playland in tokyo. A big shaded indoor place for young kids, maybe even put in a few small rides? And make it a breezeway between tsl and pixar place alley creating a new entrance/exit for the land.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
gotach thanks! I didnt know there were 3 tracks, I thought just the 2. Was thinking it would be cool if the 3rd track didnt exist, they gutted the building and made an indoor toy stoy playland like ariels playland in tokyo. A big shaded indoor place for young kids, maybe even put in a few small rides? And make it a breezeway between tsl and pixar place alley creating a new entrance/exit for the land.

It originally had two tracks, but the third was added in 2016.

Movielover

As cool as that would be, it NEEDS that third track lol. Same with Soarin and its third theater. The lines without it were insane

UNCgolf

As cool as that would be, it NEEDS that third track lol. Same with Soarin and its third theater. The lines without it were insane

I wonder if it still needs it now considering that was before TSL or Galaxy's Edge existed. DHS is still down on attractions overall, so it probably does, but it definitely has more options than it did when that third track opened.

Not that they'd ever do it, but it would be worth exploring turning the third track into something else eventually.

MagicHappens1971

I wonder if it still needs it now considering that was before TSL or Galaxy's Edge existed. DHS is still down on attractions overall, so it probably does, but it definitely has more options than it did when that third track opened.

Not that they'd ever do it, but it would be worth exploring turning the third track into something else eventually.
I doubt they’d explore it. I could see them maybe turning that street into something small but I doubt it. I think they’ll eventually just close those gates and call it a day

Movielover

If I'm not mistaken, it was Soundstages 2 & 3 that were knocked together to house Millionaire. That space then became the original TSMM. Soundstage 1 was the flex space that became the ride's 3rd track.

-Rob

You are not mistaken. Correct answer, you sir are now a millionaire! (I don't remember how that game was played lol)

Nthderivative

If I'm not mistaken, it was Soundstages 2 & 3 that were knocked together to house Millionaire. That space then became the original TSMM. Soundstage 1 was the flex space that became the ride's 3rd track.

-Rob
Just to bounce off of this, the walkway that used to be a part of Backstage Pass was removed for the load area.
1665497005012.png

A1st

Every time I think about the 3rd Toy Story Mania track I get sad remembering how close we got to that building becoming the Monsters Inc Door Roller Coaster instead 😭

peter11435

I thought the door coaster was rumored for the launch bay building
No, the closest it ever came to existence was next to TSM where the third track is today. There was concept art, site plans, and full engineering documents produced. Even some elements built. In fact if you know/knew what you were looking for there were a few rather large elements constructed as part of the transition from Toy Story to Monsters

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom