Hurricane Ian expected to impact Florida (updates and related discussions)

TTA94

Very typical for central FL to be in the cone of a potential dangerous hurricane at first, gets everyone in a frenzy, then the hurricane ends up shifting and central Florida gets little to no impacts.

Lilofan

Very typical for central FL to be in the cone of a potential dangerous hurricane at first, gets everyone in a frenzy, then the hurricane ends up shifting and central Florida gets little to no impacts.
Never let your guard down when the cone is 200 miles or wider than the state of FL. If you would never experienced prep , ride out the storm and post clean up repair you won’t understand.

TTA94

Tropical Tidbits shows Ian not even hitting FL at all now. Of course I don’t know how reliable that site is.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Charley entered SW FL as a Cat 4 in 2004 then went up to Orlando Kissimmee as a Cat 1 with wind gusts of 105mph that wrecked parts of the cities. Imagine if a Cat 2 goes through Central FL. It would be worse.
Overland…that’s what you’re gonna get. There’s actually few places better equipped to hand a storm that chapek’s bank

utcreed

Im supposed to fly in on Thursday, September 29 through October 9, 2022. This would be my first visit to WDW and I have not dealt with a hurricane. I guess I have to wait until Monday or Tuesday when the warning is declared to get a full refund. What advice do you have for me? I imagine flights would be delayed, but how soon will the parks reopen. Im coming from Texas so I do not know if it's worth it to go and lose a couple days or just reschedule.

I appreciate any advice and thoughts.

Jamie

Touchdown

Original Poster
Im supposed to fly in on Thursday, September 29 through October 9, 2022. This would be my first visit to WDW and I have not dealt with a hurricane. I guess I have to wait until Monday or Tuesday when the warning is declared to get a full refund. What advice do you have for me? I imagine flights would be delayed, but how soon will the parks reopen. Im coming from Texas so I do not know if it's worth it to go and lose a couple days or just reschedule.

I appreciate any advice and thoughts.

Jamie
Hold on Jamie, it’s too far out yet. The way things are looking you might have trouble flying in on Thursday due to thunderstorms from Ian, but otherwise have everything normal after that. Events of the last 24 hours seem to be pushing this storm west. Be prepared and if there is anyway you can simply modify your arrival to be Friday you wouldn’t need to worry. Things can change however, keep an eye on this thread

Touchdown

Original Poster
5B85827A-2091-4244-A71C-D088DBF94D6C.jpeg

We move west again! Looking better and better for WDW also, the storm is now expected to weaken in the northern gulf making landfall less severe.

Chomama

Isn’t the worst wind on the right side usually? Just wondering bc if winds are strong most rides can’t run. I wouldn’t expect parks to be operational Thursday if I was going. They may be but I wouldn’t expect it

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Don’t jinx it yet!

Never let your guard down when the cone is 200 miles or wider than the state of FL. If you would never experienced prep , ride out the storm and post clean up repair you won’t understand.
It does happen about 19 out of 20 storms…to be fair.

ceecee101

Just looked it up prior to seeing this. If a hurricane warning is issued within 7 days prior to arrival date of trip, you can request a full refund. For example, I'm planning on being there next week. But there is not yet a hurricane warning, so because I'm less than 5 days out, the regular policy applies and I wouldn't be able to get a full refund.
You can postpone though, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom