News Hatbox Ghost coming to Walt Disney World's Haunted Mansion

JustInTime

The cynicism here is…something else. The same guests who got Pandora in ‘17, TSL in ‘18, SWGE in ‘19, MMRR in ‘20, Rat and (now temporary) fireworks in 2 parks in ‘21, Cosmic Rewind in ‘22, TRON and yet another new fireworks show in ‘23, and who were shown that plans are in the works for 2024-2030 will come here and complain in a thread about a modest but nice addition that Disney builds nothing and announces nothing.

They’ve built a ton at WDW in the last five years for several billions of dollars and their grandest plans moving forward are at WDW.

Why are some of you still here?
I fully agree. Sadly, it has made the forums unbearable. I mostly read topic titles and slim threads now.

Btw - you definitely contribute to some of the cynicism. But it’s hard not to.

Rambozo

I guess it would be cool to have the hatbox in Florida, but I can take it or leave it. They could be doing it just to sell more merchandise.

_caleb

In my opinion, the Hatbox Ghost only works if it’s done with practical effects rather than projection. I hope the HBG at WDW does the trick mechanically rather than just turning a projection on/off.

999th Happy Haunt

Literally forgot this was happening until watching the D23 presentation just to remember how bad it was. Did they ever follow up on this? Surely this is such a small thing that won’t be quietly canceled right?

zipadee999

I noticed a few weeks ago that the heartbeat sound has returned to the attic. I know that in the DL version you could hear it at the end of the ballroom just from old/overlapping audio tracks long after the Constance update, but at WDW I don’t remember ever hearing it until two weeks ago, where it was quite loud and prominent and could be heard throughout the attic. Any chance they’re testing audio and plan on bringing the bride’s heartbeat back along with the HBG? They wouldn’t need to get rid of Constance to do this, (even though I’d like them to!) they could just give her a red beating heart like her predecessors and keep everything else the same!

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
I am fairly certain that WDI intends the beating heart bride to be an earlier incarnation of Constance.
The Bride in Tokyo Disneyland was recently transformed into Constance for the Disney Story Beyond experience. Cheaply and quickly transformed too, I might add:

FnW5Vk9aUAAM0vT

Not sure if this will be permanent though. It does look very temporary... unless it's some kind of test from OLC/WDI Japan portfolio?

MerlinTheGoat

The Bride in Tokyo Disneyland was recently transformed into Constance for the Disney Story Beyond experience. Cheaply and quickly transformed too, I might add:

Not sure if this will be permanent though. It does look very temporary... unless it's some kind of test from OLC/WDI Japan portfolio?
That looks extremely awkward. In some ways actually moreso than WDW and Disneyland. And that's saying something since I have a strong dislike for Constance.

On the one hand, i'm glad that Tokyo still has a traditional scary bride for the moment and I very much hope they don't insert Constance (though my personal favorite bride will always be the version with the completely blacked out face and glowing lights for eyes used prior to Constance). But on the other hand, the one thing I DID like about the 2007 attic changes were the marriage portraits (I also never cared for the screaming popup ghosts). The difference is that the portraits at WDW/DL are placed naturally around the room in a way that they blend into the environment and furniture. This though... they're all consolidated around her floating in midair. It doesn't look right at all.

As much praise as I often give to Tokyo Disneyland (especially their standards of upkeep), they're not immune to mistakes. Probably because they still rely on Disney's own imagineering teams, which have lost most if not all of their remaining talent over the past 5+ years. Their overhaul of Peter Pan's Flight was also somewhat lackluster. I hope this doesn't become a trend.

zipadee999

Any word on when this will happen? It looks like they haven’t even started. I’d expect to see a wall pop up with that bat projection like we saw at DL when work begins. Hopefully it’s done sooner than later, unless they’re waiting for the release of the movie to have a good promotional tie-in

FigmentJedi

FnW5Vk9aUAAM0vT

The portraits don't even transform and of course, the Ghost Registry pages that are part of the AR scavenger hunt portion of the campaign are definitely temporary.

celluloid

I don't expect Hatbox Ghost to make an apperance until we are a bit closer towards November, when they can make a big deal of synergy with Jared Leto's character in the film.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom