News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

TheMaxRebo

I say this as someone who hates Harmonious and is waiting patiently for the removal of the barges.

You can tell park executives are not spending time in the park because the general public does actually like Harmonious. I might be wrong and they probably have data to back up their decision to remove Harmonious from guest satisfaction scores, but I always observe lots of happy people dancing/singing during the show and saying how cool it was after it ends.
saw the same, and people tearing up at parts as well ....

BUT I also think there were challenges with the layout of the show and when that three story building didn't get built - a key component of which was a viewing area at the top they would rent out for corporate events and had a straight on view to the stargate, so not getting that $, and then the bookings at restaurants with viewing areas were down because those spots didn't have good angles and where the firework cruises go don't have a good angle, etc. - a lot of the secondary income wasn't there like it was for Illuminations

I think those aspects mattered more than any scores that guests who watched the show gave it

WorldExplorer

As Harmonious slowly moves towards its last performance, please indulge me while I complain about its terrible ads.

Denise at Mousesteps on Twitter: The wording changed #epcot ...

That tagline and that image have nothing to do with each other.

It's, ironically, a perfect snapshot of what Harmonious is actually like: IP and meaningful sounding things near each other but never actually managing to connect.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

As Harmonious slowly moves towards its last performance, please indulge me while I complain about its terrible ads.

It's, ironically, a perfect snapshot of what Harmonious is actually like: IP and meaningful sounding things that near each other but never actually managing to connect.
At first glance, that seems like a Durex billboard. Second glance, too.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

It's, ironically, a perfect snapshot of what Harmonious is actually like: IP and meaningful sounding things near each other but never actually managing to connect.
I think we know why that image was chosen along with the ad tagline

Vinnie Mac

I say this as someone who hates Harmonious and is waiting patiently for the removal of the barges.

You can tell park executives are not spending time in the park because the general public does actually like Harmonious. I might be wrong and they probably have data to back up their decision to remove Harmonious from guest satisfaction scores, but I always observe lots of happy people dancing/singing during the show and saying how cool it was after it ends.
I honestly think the removal of the show has wayyy more to do with the sightlines and the barges themselves than guest scores.

People on these boards hate it, sure. But the general public really liked this show. People on here like to pretend like everyone hated it but thats not the case and I've been saying that for well over a year now

jpeden

In the Parks
No
The show itself wasn’t that BAD. It wasn’t ROE, but it wasn’t bad per se. Was it IP loaded? Yes, and that’s a different debate. I actually enjoyed it once I finally saw it in person.

But the lagoon looks awful and that’s what ruined it for me. I can’t wait until we go in November and the eyesore is gone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom