The Mandalorian and Grogu to appear at Star Wars Galaxy's Edge in Disneyland but Walt Disney World left out

Mickey5150

What I find most alarming about them using time and resources at D23 Expo to announce these meet n' greets is the pitifully low throughput numbers that these things inherently get.

You put a kid from Fullerton Junior College (Go Hornets!) out there in a costume with a handler or two, and you form a little line, do 50 greets per hour and get maybe 150 people per hour through that process. Then you factor in that these lil' meet n' greets never run during all park operating hours, and you realize that it's only open 8 or 10 hours per day while the rest of the park offerings operate the full 16 hour day.

Meanwhile, the parks are full of actual rides that cycle through thousands and thousands of customers per hour. It's an inconvenient truth for some folks here, I'm sure, but these park meet n' greets have a teeny, tiny impact on the actual park experience for most paying customers. :oops:

Assuming an average of 3 customers per meet n' greet, 50 greets per hour, 10 hours per day...

Disneyland USA, Park Open 8am to 12 Midnight
Mandalorian & Grogu Meet N' Greet = 150 customers per hour, 1,500 customers per day

Pirates of the Caribbean = 2,800 riders per hour, 44,800 riders per day
It's A Small World = 2,300 riders per hour, 36,800 riders per day
Big Thunder Mountain = 2,200 riders per hour, 35,200 riders per day
Haunted Mansion = 2,100 riders per hour, 33,600 riders per day
Indiana Jones Adventure = 1,900 riders per hour, 30,400 riders per day
Space Mountain = 1,800 riders per hour, 28,800 riders per day
Matterhorn Bobsleds = 1,400 riders per hour, 22,400 riders per day
Peter Pan's Flight = 700 riders per hour, 11,200 riders per day
Dumbo = 500 riders per hour, 8,000 riders per day

And yet, because they didn't want to admit they have other real projects in the works for Disneyland, they wasted a large amount of time at yesterday's Parks Panel talking about a couple of new meet n' greets? Meet n' greets that will actually entertain a teeny, tiny portion of the daily customers?

I'm more embarrassed for them for wasting their time on this meet n' greet announcement than I am embarrassed for them for all wearing the same pair of dorky Dad Jeans on stage. šŸ¤Ø
Some guests prefer the meet and greets.

truecoat

WDW needs more meet and greets to expand their Genie+ selections. It's easier and cheaper to do that than actually build more attractions.

Just wait until you can get to the front of the meet-and-greet line for only $10. Lightning Lane to meet Baymax! Sorry all you standby people, he'll be back in an hour after he recovers from heat exhaustion.

GimpYancIent

Hopefully the whole sticking to a timeline and specific time frame in the Star Wars universe when it comes to the Star Wars themed lands in both parks goes away. The visitors / travelers / guests / fans would enjoy seeing, possibly interacting (as in meet and greet) with more Star Wars characters during their visits and do not care about this artificial timeline thing.

GimpYancIent

Hey! This has already occurred at Disneyland why not make it a permanent feature at both parks? I understand the billing but an M&G with Fennec Shand yeah, she definitely upstages Boba.
1668783449076.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom