News Happily Ever After fireworks show returning to Magic Kingdom in 2023

TarzanRocked99-

@Steve I find all of this absolutely fascinating. Both shows (DE and Harm) premiered to mixed reviews at best and neither seemed to gain traction over time. Can you shed some light on which of the two started down the path of replacement first and how all of this played out behind the scenes?

It’s truly unprecedented that they would pull the plug on both. Although I couldn’t be more thrilled!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
@Steve I find all of this absolutely fascinating. Both shows (DE and Harm) premiered to mixed reviews at best and neither seemed to gain traction over time. Can you shed some light on which of the two started down the path of replacement first and how all of this played out behind the scenes?

It’s truly unprecedented that they would pull the plug on both. Although I couldn’t be more thrilled!
I'm not Steve, but I would have to believe that Harmonious is the bigger disappointment. They hyped that show like crazy, repeating often that it was the largest nighttime show they'd ever done. I can't imagine it was cheap, and I can't imagine they planned for it to be gone in less than two years. RoE was in service for a good 20 years; there's no way they expected to have to replace a show this quickly.

jrhwdw

Well MK added Walt to DE in August so we can say that DE was worked on first....

gerarar

Premium Member
Even though Angie Keilhauer (co-singer of HEA) couldn't be present yesterday due to her band tour, she did repost this earlier today on her story:
Screenshot_20220912_210628.jpg

So cross fingers she's still part of the show?!

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
A bit off topic for the thoughts that were being discussed in this thread, but is there any knowledge as to whether the Main Street projections will be added to HEA 2.0? I have a hard time believing that they would simply not use that technology to spread out the crowds, but I am unsure whether HEA is a long term show for MK (depending on the amount of edits), so that might put it in question.

MagicHappens1971

A bit off topic for the thoughts that were being discussed in this thread, but is there any knowledge as to whether the Main Street projections will be added to HEA 2.0? I have a hard time believing that they would simply not use that technology to spread out the crowds, but I am unsure whether HEA is a long term show for MK (depending on the amount of edits), so that might put it in question.
I am sure HEA will be get the Main Street projections, and that the show will remain for quite some time. It has been speculated that the show will get a 100th Anniversary tag, which would be temporary.

James Alucobond

You could probably mask some solution at least decently well by strategically variegating the shingle coloration, but I'm not sure what effect that would have on the overall look of the castle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom