News Happily Ever After fireworks show returning to Magic Kingdom in 2023

Epcot82Guy

I'm waiting for the "We aren't living Happily Ever After after all..." articles. They are going to find themselves in a bit of a pickle. As a lawyer, I know full well having to reference the transcript because people understandably misunderstood is not the place you want to be.

wtyy21

Giving that Tom Kane (original narrator of HEA) were retired, we will see whether the show will return with original narrator, or a different narrator. If the show updated with different narrator, i rather hope Walt's archival recording be included in the show to tell about the dreams and would be relevant to "updated" HEA.

gerarar

Premium Member
:hungover:
:hungover::arghh::arghh::cry::cry: I am not the biggest fan of Happily Ever After, but the We are the Magic is weak sauce on steroids. They should look at what made Wishes soooo popular. Fantasy was good but Wishes, man it just got me and my family in the Feels.
That name I suggested was a play on Rivers of Light: We Are One.

Thought it was fitting since DE's catch is We Are The Magic!

Disone

But they didn't say the show will be returning with updates, they said the song will be returning in a new show. That sounds like a more meaningful change than just adding projections on Main Street.
Actually they did not say "new show" either. What they said was

" the anthem will return when an updated nighttime spectacular returns.... "

The word returns strongly indicates that this is an old show coming back and at no time do they say it is a new show. It is an updated old show returning.
When should we expect more info on HEA 2.0? Jokes aside that Harmonious was HEA 2.0

Is there some 100th Anniversary event planned, asside from the NYE event where I’m not expecting much from that, where we will get more info on HEA, Epcots new show, DLRs new shows, F! opening date, Trons exact opening date, Railroad opening date… maybe I’m missing some other stuff to that needs more info on.
Harmonious is definitely a less successful happily ever after. It. Kind of makes sense to axe harmonious if you're going to bring back happily ever after.
Interesting take........:

DPB specifically mentions The happily ever after anthem in a night time Spectacular returns....

I suspect strongly that what we'll get is a more budget conscious version of happily ever after, but for the most part it will be Happily Ever After.

It may be Disney Enchantment booked by replacing You are the Magic with the anthem Happily Ever After but..... They say an Updated nightie spectacular "returns". It can't be returning and new.

So this is likely a watered down version of happily ever after. Will get the anthem back, but we're probably going to lose some major component and a few minutes of run time cut from the original version of Happily Ever After.

Last edited:

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Sounds to me like it’s happily ever after updated but they didn’t wanna say happily ever after is returning because then people will expect the original show. Knowing Disney, I am in the camp that expects cuts to pyro and some changes in scenes.

It’s a shame they can’t just give us what was wildly popular. But…if the core of it is there, it’s still better than the trainwreck they’ve had.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Actually they did not say "new show" either. What they said was

" the anthem will return when an updated nighttime spectacular returns.... "

The word returns strongly indicates that this is an old show coming back and at no time do they say it is a new show. It is an updated old show returning.

Harmonious is definitely a less successful happily ever after. It. Kind of makes sense to axe harmonious if you're going to bring back happily ever after.

DPB specifically mentions The happily ever after anthem in a night time Spectacular returns....

I suspect strongly that what we'll get is a more budget conscious version of happily ever after, but for the most part it will be Happily Ever After.

It may be Disney Enchantment booked by replacing You are the Magic with the anthem Happily Ever After but..... They say an Updated nightie spectacular "returns". It can't be returning and new.

So this is likely a watered down version of happily ever after. Will get the anthem back, but we're probably going to lose some major component and a few minutes of run time cut from the original version of Happily Ever After.

I would think it's the opposite - not watered down, but swapping out a couple of the songs to bring in some newer IPs like Encanto, and *adding* Main Street projections. Enchantment wasn't cheaper than HEA, and HEA wasn't cheaper than Wishes. I'm not sure what evidence we have that they plan to cheap out on spectaculars.

Disone

I would think it's the opposite - not watered down, but swapping out a couple of the songs to bring in some newer IPs like Encanto, and *adding* Main Street projections. Enchantment wasn't cheaper than HEA, and HEA wasn't cheaper than Wishes. I'm not sure what evidence we have that they plan to cheap out on spectaculars.
I hope you are right. And I genuinely mean that.

SteamboatJoe

Coco and Encanto seem like the most logical music additions, especially given their potential permanent presence in MK. Disneyland's Together Forever featured a lively The World Es Mi Famila segement (including pop up skeleton figures on top of the Main Street shops) that I could see them using. Frozen 2 is an option as well but you have to think they will want to diversify with some fresher IPs instead of going to the Frozen well again. Just please no Slaughter Race.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom