Disney Springs Hotels

Spash007

Original Poster
We’re looking at adding a night before our February stay, and are thinking of the Disney Springs hotels. Just two adults, planning on walking to DS if possible.

We’re looking at either the Wyndham or Drury Plaza. Drury is a bit less expensive and has a King room, but Wyndham is closer and would seemingly be easier to walk.

Any thoughts on these? Has anyone stayed at a DS resort and walked over to DS at night?

LeighM

I've never stayed at any of the DS area hotels but did you check out Mousesavers bc they often have discounts/offers for the DS area hotels that are better than what is offered directly thru the hotel if you use one of their Mousesaver exclusive codes.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I stayed at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista this past summer. I really enjoyed my stay. I am a Hilton Diamond member and booked the stay on points so I didn't have to pay the resort fee but I still got the perks of the resort fee which included two bottles of water and coffee each day. The little coffee shop opened at 6am so that was nice. The bridge to cross to Disney Springs is connected to the property so it is convenient. We had a rental car so I did pay for parking but it was nice to have a car. I did use the bus shuttle once, going to a park the day I returned my car, and the shuttle was prompt.

CapeCodTenor

We stayed at the Wyndham Sept 3. Two rooms, 5 adults. 5 min walk to Disney Springs. Lobby/staff nice. Room nice and clean. Would stay again.

I have stayed at the Wyndham and would do so again. It’s nothing fancy, but the room was clean and the bed comfortable, plus it comes with some of perks associated with Disney’s own hotels (or at least this used to be the case—my last stay was in 2019).

Glad to hear you two say you'd stay again because I'm considering this hotel and some of the reviews on Trip Advisor aren't so good. Now, I don't always rely on reviews. I understand people travel differently and have different tastes and standards, but there were several negative reviews that I saw which made me think. So, in short, I'm glad you said that you'd stay there again.

Prince-1

We’re looking at adding a night before our February stay, and are thinking of the Disney Springs hotels. Just two adults, planning on walking to DS if possible.

We’re looking at either the Wyndham or Drury Plaza. Drury is a bit less expensive and has a King room, but Wyndham is closer and would seemingly be easier to walk.

Any thoughts on these? Has anyone stayed at a DS resort and walked over to DS at night?

My son stayed at Wyndham and had no issues with it. To be fair, he used the room to shower, dress, and sleep and nothing else.

Cmdr_Crimson

I stayed at what is now the Wyndham..But, it was called the Grosvenor resort in 2004..It does have a $30 a day resort fee but, it was the best due to the walk straight to Disney Springs and drops you right by Once Upon a Toy.

CapeCodTenor

I stayed at what is now the Wyndham..But, it was called the Grosvenor resort in 2004..It does have a $30 a day resort fee but, it was the best due to the walk straight to Disney Springs and drops you right by Once Upon a Toy.

Are the resort fees for these Disney Springs hotels per night, or just a one time fee?

dmw

In the Parks
No
Didn't the Grosvenor used to have a murder/mystery dinner? I think we have "You don't know me" shirts from that event...

Cmdr_Crimson

Didn't the Grosvenor used to have a murder/mystery dinner? I think we have "You don't know me" shirts from that event...
Not sure they still do. But, there is an old link that did describe it..

I do also remember them promoting a character breakfast that had Pluto and Detective Goofy but, what stood out was as you entered the seating area there were these cutouts of the Great Mouse Detective characters
Pics from whatsitsgalore
standees.jpg

Robbiem

Not sure they still do. But, there is an old link that did describe it..

I do also remember them promoting a character breakfast that had Pluto and Detective Goofy but, what stood out was as you entered the seating area there were these cutouts of the Great Mouse Detective characters
Pics from whatsitsgalore
standees.jpg

I remember staying at the gosvenor in the early 90s when it had a sherlock holmes theme complete with mickey statue in the gift shop. Haven’t stayed there for many years but a really nice location easy walk to disney springs

bennyw01

I've been staying at the Wyndham for 33 years (previously the Grosvenor) easily one of the best located hotels on property, also you get the benefit of Disney buses simply by walking over to Disney Springs and navigating the parks via another resort. Cheap, cheerful, stylish and well located.. I would however opt for the tower over the garden rooms.

Lilofan

I've eaten at Benihana ( wonderful food ) at the Hilton at DS. I was told when Michael Jackson visited the parks he stayed at the Hilton.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom