News New look for Walt Disney World's EPCOT area Friendship Boats

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Friendship IV new color scheme - October 2022​

Friendship-Cruisers_Full_48969.jpg

Friendship-Cruisers_Full_48974.jpg

I think it's interesting that they appear to be going back to the original, original paint schemes from 1982-ish. I believe before they had the built-up surrounds on the roof to hide the AC units the boats were painted in a very similar way. I think it looks nice and they received some love.

bpiper

Friendship IV new color scheme - October 2022​

Friendship-Cruisers_Full_48969.jpg

Friendship-Cruisers_Full_48974.jpg

What are the bows hitting? The bow is all dented in. It looks like a bad Bondo job done by the high school body shop class.

The paint on the bow already has scuff marks all over it. Considering they come in from the side to the docks, what are they hitting with the front? Are they playing bumper boats after park close?

ToTBellHop

What are the bows hitting? The bow is all dented in. It looks like a bad Bondo job done by the high school body shop class.

The paint on the bow already has scuff marks all over it. Considering they come in from the side to the docks, what are they hitting with the front? Are they playing bumper boats after park close?
Upon learning of its upcoming euthanasia, Harmonious is now attacking everything it can.
1666724890219.gif

Disone

I was wondering the same thing.

And you should see some of the other friendships that haven't been refurbished yet. Holy dirty! I'm not just talking like a little bit of dirt. Black!! It's BAD!

bpiper

I was wondering the same thing.

And you should see some of the other friendships that haven't been refurbished yet. Holy dirty! I'm not just talking like a little bit of dirt. Black!! It's BAD!
We were there in early September. I saw that they were belching thick black clouds of exhaust. The transom was all sooted up. I don't know how anyone could sit in the open back area what with the sooty fumes. Looked like an old car that had a blown piston ring and was belching smoke.

Bocabear

They could save a lot more money just painting the boats all one color. You know, whatever paint is left over in the garage.
Didn't they do that with the old Communicore buildings before the remodel began....as a way to make people hate them so they could justify tearing them down?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom