Wilderness Lodge Vs Beach Club

ajshop

Original Poster
My family and I are trying to choose between the Wilderness Lodge Resort and Beach Club Resort.
It will be our first time as a family visiting as a family and also mine and my husbands first time staying at a Disney resort (we’ve been to the parks)
Our boys will be 10 & 6 years old and very much Star Wars fans, so we’d visit Hollywood Studios the most.
We like Beach Club for the location and dining options (we won’t have a car) and the pool.
But we like the Wilderness Lodge for the overall look of the hotel. But heard the Disney buses can be unreliable from resorts.
Has anyone got experience/ advice which they’d recommended between the two? Thanks

T7orp

Hi we'vejust come back from Beach club and can recommend it as the location is amazing. 5mims walk to epcot and 10mins on the boat to HS. We visited Wilderness lodge for a meal one evening and it also looks a fantastic hotel(as most deluxe are) however you will be totally reliant on buses(or uber) to get anywhere

harryk

Bus from WL to HS is no problem, presently it is a no stops ride, the same for WL to EPCOT.
How it may change in future - well who knows what with Chapek still in 'charge'. Have not had long waits the past two years at either end. Have used Uber several times when returning - but that was when dined away from WL.

BASS

From a pure hotel perspective, I prefer WL. However, in terms of transportation and access to restaurants, Beach Club hands down. The boardwalk area cannot be beat IMO in terms of access to parks and restaurants. The walk to Epcot from the boardwalk is a big benefit and you can even walk to Hollywood Studios if you're so inclined.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Beach Club is the only resort on property where I can confidently say "never in a million years would I stay at that place again." It reeks like fish and the decor will remind you of your dead great grandmother's beach house. The fishy odor is so bad that you wish it actually smelled like what it looks like it smells like, which is mothballs.

If you like the location of the Crescent Lake resorts, I'd recommend Yacht Club much more highly. But I still think Wilderness Lodge is a top-3 "most magical" resort on property, along with Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Polynesian.

CynBeth

WL has amazing theming and you get the electrical water pageant at night. There is a boat to MK. Also there is not much in terms of CS at BC but there is at WL and one of our favorite TS breakfasts is at WCC.

doctornick

Interestingly we just did a split stay between WL and BC our last visit to WDW. The theming at WL is outstanding and it’s a great place to just “hang out” at the resort if you plan to having days doing that. I do also love being able to watch the Electric Water Pageant easily but not every cares much for it.

That said, Beach Club is IMHO the absolute best location on property with the obviously fantastic pool. For kids that age, it’s really tough to beat the pool area as a big draw. And we loved taking the Skyliner to DHS (and it’s easy enough to get to if you prefer to walk or boat). Having a good variety of food options between the resort and Boardwalk and Epcot (especially if you have hoppers) is great. You can even go to the Fantasia mini golf fairly easily if you’d want.

UNCgolf

I think Boardwalk Inn is the best Crescent Lake resort (the pool at Beach/Yacht is much better, but I don't really care about that), but regardless, those three hotels have the best location on property.

RememberWhen

I love the wilderness lodge, but with two kids that age who are really into Star Wars, I would go with Beach Club. Assuming they’re good swimmers, the pool there is a lot of fun, and the quick trip to DHS is great. I would plan to get there early. Before rope drop, as they do tend to open early (at least they did when we were there this summer). Also definitely try guardians at Epcot. My 10yo loved that!

Disneyfan_76

Would definitely recommend Beach/Yacht Club. My kids are also 10 and 6. We stayed at the Poly this trip, but did Dolphin/Beach Club last trip. I feel like the Yacht club is nicer, but I like staying at Beach Club because it is so much closer to the parks. Stormalong Bay is amazing and is worth the stay just for the pool. Also, don't forget Beaches and Cream for the Kitchen Sink Sunday. Maybe just take an uber or bus over to WL for a meal at whispering canyon though. Ask for Ketcup ....lol.

dreday3

Beach Club is the only resort on property where I can confidently say "never in a million years would I stay at that place again." It reeks like fish and the decor will remind you of your dead great grandmother's beach house. The fishy odor is so bad that you wish it actually smelled like what it looks like it smells like, which is mothballs.

If you like the location of the Crescent Lake resorts, I'd recommend Yacht Club much more highly. But I still think Wilderness Lodge is a top-3 "most magical" resort on property, along with Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Polynesian.

Your opinions may vary. :D

Disstevefan1

Hi we'vejust come back from Beach club and can recommend it as the location is amazing. 5mims walk to epcot and 10mins on the boat to HS. We visited Wilderness lodge for a meal one evening and it also looks a fantastic hotel(as most deluxe are) however you will be totally reliant on buses(or uber) to get anywhere
I have to agree. Beach club. Location, location, location.

dreday3

If I might add, and maybe I'm only one of a few, but I just love the Solarium in the Beach Club. It's gorgeous, peaceful and provides a nice place to eat, drink some coffee, have a glass of wine or just relax.

And it doesn't smell like fish. ;)

The-Crescent-Solarium-October-2020-4.jpg
solarium 2.jpg

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I think Boardwalk Inn is the best Crescent Lake resort (the pool at Beach/Yacht is much better, but I don't really care about that), but regardless, those three hotels have the best location on property.
Poly DVC, Riviera, Bay Lake Tower, and Caribbean Beach might have something to say about that.

UNCgolf

Poly DVC, Riviera, Bay Lake Tower, and Caribbean Beach might have something to say about that.

Well it's all relative, but if I cared about being closer to the MK I'd take the Grand Floridian over the Polynesian or the Contemporary.

The Riviera and Caribbean Beach are maybe the worst locations on property now for anyone who doesn't like the Skyliner.

EDIT: Although I just realized you may be talking about BLT and the Polynesian DVC for fireworks viewing. That's a minor benefit at best for me, but definitely a big bonus for people who really like that.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Well it's all relative, but if I cared about being closer to the MK I'd take the Grand Floridian over the Polynesian or the Contemporary.
The problem with the Grand and the Contemporary is the transfer time at the TTC to get to Epcot. I give Poly the edge because you can walk to the TTC and you have a direct monorail to Epcot. I think Grand Flo to Epcot is something like 42 minutes estimated.

The Riviera and Caribbean Beach are maybe the worst locations on property now for anyone who doesn't like the Skyliner.
Who doesn't like the Skyliner?

IMO, the Skyliner drawback is the same as the Y/B/BW drawback, which is bad weather. When it storms, you're not getting on the Skyliner from, and you're also not walking to Hollywood Studios from Yacht Club. However, the Studios walk also sucks in the heat, not just storms. I think Poly gets my vote overall because its transportation is weather-proof (outside of extremes).

the_rich

The problem with the Grand and the Contemporary is the transfer time at the TTC to get to Epcot. I give Poly the edge because you can walk to the TTC and you have a direct monorail to Epcot. I think Grand Flo to Epcot is something like 42 minutes estimated.

Who doesn't like the Skyliner?

IMO, the Skyliner drawback is the same as the Y/B/BW drawback, which is bad weather. When it storms, you're not getting on the Skyliner from, and you're also not walking to Hollywood Studios from Yacht Club. However, the Studios walk also sucks in the heat, not just storms. I think Poly gets my vote overall because its transportation is weather-proof (outside of extremes).
I Hate the skyliner. Afraid of heights, tried it once and never again.

the_rich

My family and I are trying to choose between the Wilderness Lodge Resort and Beach Club Resort.
It will be our first time as a family visiting as a family and also mine and my husbands first time staying at a Disney resort (we’ve been to the parks)
Our boys will be 10 & 6 years old and very much Star Wars fans, so we’d visit Hollywood Studios the most.
We like Beach Club for the location and dining options (we won’t have a car) and the pool.
But we like the Wilderness Lodge for the overall look of the hotel. But heard the Disney buses can be unreliable from resorts.
Has anyone got experience/ advice which they’d recommended between the two? Thanks
Just came back from the wl. Never waited more than 10 mins for a bus. Also whispering canyon cafe is a must do in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom