Jungle Cruise vs Pirates of the Caribbean

Which is the better ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Jungle Cruise | Magic Kingdom Attractions | Walt Disney World Resort

Pirates of the Caribbean Ride | Walt Disney World Resort

plutofan15

Like them both but the Jungle Cruise relies heavily on the skipper. Unfortunately, the skipper we had this past Monday was not good. Talked too fast, too loud and held the microphone too close. Could not understand a word she said. The ride was a big disappointment.

Goofyernmost

Ok, so which ride do you prefer?
I don't really have a preference. I have been to Pirates more than jungle but that was mostly because the line at jungle always seemed longer. That is probably where an inside queue comes in handy. And face it, "Dead men tell no tails" has a longer shelf life then the "Back side of water".

disneyfireman

This isn’t even close. Pirates. And if you throw in Disneyland Pirates. It isn’t even on the same planet close. Jungle cruise is ok. But if I ride it every 5 years I’m ok. Pirates is a few times a day every visit attraction. Jungle cruise is like COP. Do it every 3/4 visit and that’s good.

disneyfireman

Like them both but the Jungle Cruise relies heavily on the skipper. Unfortunately, the skipper we had this past Monday was not good. Talked too fast, too loud and held the microphone too close. Could not understand a word she said. The ride was a big disappointment.
Yep. Sometimes you get that annoying female voice that is just well… not fun to listen to. It ruins the whole ride. Other females do great. And guys. It’s hard to describe. Kinda the Fran Drescher voice but not from Brooklyn. Just an annoying voice no one wants to hear. And someone that has no clue how to use a mic.

bhg469

Jungle cruise, only because between the two, MK has the better version than Disneyland.. That cannot be said for Pirates which is noticeably better on the west coast.

The Colonel

POTC
** Great memorable music and song**
Adorable characters
Cohesive, interesting , cute storyline
Extensive detailing
Immersive
Slight thrill element
Humorous
Infinitely repeatable

IMO POTC is just on a higher level than Jungle Cruise which is also a classic.

gitchard

This is a hard one for me. I can't decide at all.

It like what Plutofan15 said, it depends on the skipper. With a really good skipper, Jungle Cruise. With a bad skipper POTC.

JIMINYCR

Pirates hands down. Even with the change over of the red head and accompanying spiel and the addition of Depp. It still has so much more going for it. Its a never miss and I'll stand in line as long as needed to get it in. Cant say the same for JC. JC is just missing enough of the details that makes PoTC a winning attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom