Late for an important date....

G00fyDad

Original Poster
And charge you the $10/person no show fee? 😉
Yeah, I hadn't thought of that. Thank you. We have a 10:30 a.m. lunch because it was the only thing I could get at the time. I was able to snag a 12:00 p.m. lunch today but we also have Savi's Workshop booked at 12:45. We need to be at Savi's at 12:30. Less than 30 minutes for SciFi is not enough time. ☹️. I'm probably getting ready to release the 12:00 p.m. lunch because it's just not going to work.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
It depends. We’ve been accommodated 20-25 minutes early but also have waited 20 minutes past our ADR time. There is no way to predict it. If you are short on time and Savi’s is a priority I’d plan on a quick service lunch just for the peace of mind.

Keep trying to modify your reservation and see if a better time shows up. We’ve had good luck modifying an ADR the day before, as people cancel so as not to incur the $10 pp fee.

RememberWhen

We had pretty good luck modifying day-of a few weeks ago. We had a few 1:00 lunches that we were able to bump up to 12. Our group was 5 people, if that’s helpful.

G00fyDad

Original Poster
I keep watching and I use the Steakout app. I am just hoping for an 11:30 lunch. :) If it has to be 10:30 then so be it. We'll just adjust our QS dinner to an earlier time.

JIMINYCR

On several occasions weve been caught behind slow moving crowds, had to wait longer for buses, got out of attractions later than expected, and showed up later than our check in time. Its been over 20 min and still gotten seated when we finally showed up and explained to the host the reason for our tardiness. I'm sure they may have given up our table to someone else and we had to wait longer for another one to open up to be seated. They must have guests delayed all the time and are reasonable to seat you.

Hockey89

On several occasions weve been caught behind slow moving crowds, had to wait longer for buses, got out of attractions later than expected, and showed up later than our check in time. Its been over 20 min and still gotten seated when we finally showed up and explained to the host the reason for our tardiness. I'm sure they may have given up our table to someone else and we had to wait longer for another one to open up to be seated. They must have guests delayed all the time and are reasonable to seat you.
And the poor people that get the table next get to wait and wait because some people can't properly plan.... It should be ten minutes and sold

Chi84

Premium Member
And the poor people that get the table next get to wait and wait because some people can't properly plan.... It should be ten minutes and sold
I doubt they hold tables unless you’re talking about a really large party. If you’re not on time, they seat the next party in line and you may have to wait when you get there.

It’s more like priority dining than a reservation. Of course if you show up too late it messes up the later ADRs and they can refuse to seat you.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

We plan accordingly but plans can get altered by buses that dont show up on time (not something you can plan), ride break downs which keep you from disembarking ( not something you can plan)and being behind guests who walk at a snails pace and wont let you by ( not something you can plan). All these are things that arent our fault. Dis understands there are circumstances which delays you. And if my tables given to someone else Im not making someone else to wait any longer. We are switching out my time for theirs and the next reservation is still on their original time.

Chi84

Premium Member
We plan accordingly but plans can get altered by buses that dont show up on time (not something you can plan), ride break downs which keep you from disembarking ( not something you can plan)and being behind guests who walk at a snails pace and wont let you by ( not something you can plan). All these are things that arent our fault. Dis understands there are circumstances which delays you. And if my tables given to someone else Im not making someone else to wait any longer. We are switching out my time for theirs and the next reservation is still on their original time.
Obviously, people should plan appropriately but Disney does not have to be completely unaccommodating in order to run efficiently. Sometimes I think if posters here ran the parks everyone would be miserable.

MaryJaneP

Sounds like your 10:30 res may turn out to be closer to 11. If you want to sit, relax, and leisurely digest the food, perhaps checking in spot on at 10:30 makes the most sense.

Club Cooloholic

I have learned that none of these restaurants are worth fretting this much over. If you have conflicting reservations for an experience just prioritize that and cancel this.

While I would say a little more than 10 mins I have to agree with @Hockey89 in this case. The OP isn't late because a ride broke down, he is talking about a reservation that he knows he will have problems keeping. Again it's just a restaurant, cancel it and chill.

G00fyDad

Original Poster
I have learned that none of these restaurants are worth fretting this much over. If you have conflicting reservations for an experience just prioritize that and cancel this.

While I would say a little more than 10 mins I have to agree with @Hockey89 in this case. The OP isn't late because a ride broke down, he is talking about a reservation that he knows he will have problems keeping. Again it's just a restaurant, cancel it and chill.
No thanks. Cancelling is not on the table. We'll just be there on time.

JIMINYCR

Sure the OP wasnt going to be late for those reasons, but I was explaining the circumstances WE were late and that was totally acceptable for our Host/ hostess to give us our table and not cancell our reservation. Again Disney understands there are circumstances that can delay your time and the OP should be seated and the reservation not be cancelled on them.

Thepuma

To be fair they do advise you to be heading towards your dining reservation 30 minutes prior to your time. With this in mind, there are very few excuses for being an hour later than that.

In most cases it will be people who have a reservation for say 1pm and at 12.45 a G+ comes up for a ride and they head to that, not realising the time the ride takes and distance to the restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom