Questions (mainly for UK people but anyone can answer!)

The Mighty Tim

Hi all - I'm heading to WDW from the UK in a few weeks time. Despite this being my 10th trip, there's been a lot of changes since last time and I therefore have some questions.

1. As part of the UK package we purchased, we get a "celebration gift basket", which I understand contains all sorts of bits and pieces including a water bottle, some snacks, maybe some pins and some other stuff I can't remember. I've not actually heard much discussion about this from other UK people (except for a brief mention on a Reddit thread some time ago). Do we collect that at check-in or will it be waiting in our room or is there some other location we collect it from?

2. In lieu of the free dining that usually gets offered in a UK package, we also get a dining credit woth 61 USD per night we are there. How does this work exactly? Do you get a physical card and use it for all food related purchases (like a food-specific gift card)? Or is it credited to your account and everytime a food purchase is made with the MagicBand, it comes out of that "fund"? Again, I've not heard much discussion about this from other people.

3. What is the best way of transporting a Savi's lightsaber home to the UK? I measured up my suitcase and it appears that it might be a tight squeeze at best, if it even fits in at all. I understand they can be taken as hand luggage, but it's not clear to me how it counts towards hand luggage allowance. I'm travelling in Economy on Virgin Atlantic to LHR and as far as I know, I'm only allowed one carry on bag, so taking the lightsaber in it's separate bag might not be allowed and it's doubtful it would fit in the backpack I take on planes. I have heard success stories of people taking them as hand luggage, so it's all very confusing!

4. This isn't UK-specific, but I'll ask it here anyway. When purchasing Genie+ or Lightning Lane, do these purchases get charged to your room account which you settle up at the end, or do you pay for them there and then?

Thanks in advance!

Andy_0410

Hi
Also going in a few weeks and love to know about the dining credit
Was lucky enough to get to Orlando before covid and built my own lightsaber. Flew Virgin Atlantic and took it as carry on as well as my hand luggage. Was flying premium so not sure if that made a difference but there were two or three people taking them home. To be safe I would contact the airline you won’t be the first person to ask this

Upvote 0

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Not sure on 1 and 2 but the Lightsaber can be taken as hand luggage, from what I have read people are having no problem taking them on VA flights home. As for Genie + it has to be purchased via My Disney Experience so I would assume you have to pay by card which you can have linked in the app so will use that as a default payment.

Upvote 0

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
Thanks for the answers so far. Very much appreciated.

If I don't get answers to my first two questions, when I find out for myself in a few weeks time, I'll post my findings here so others can benefit :)

Upvote 0
The dining credit should be sent as a dining gift card digitally (at least it was for us in May). Easiest thing to do then is to add it to your wallet on your phone and ask the CM to scan it when buying food. The value of the gift card will be $61 x length of stay so it will likely be a very random amount!

Upvote 0

James J

In the Parks
No
To answer the celebration gift basket question, you'll need to collect it at check-in. Ours wasn't actually ready as we had already been in Orlando for a few days and arrived at Coronado Springs in the morning, but hopefully yours is if you're heading straight from MCO to your resort.

The best bit of the package is the cooler bag they throw everything else in! From memory, the contents were a few bags of crisps, two Pez dispensers, two medallions, two Mickey ear-hats, two drinks bottles, some hard candy lollipop things, and some trail-mix.

Just to add-on about the dining credit too and say that as others have mentioned, adding it to the wallet on your phone is the easiest thing to do. Some CM's hadn't seen it before mind, so we took a few of them by surprise!

Upvote 0

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
To answer the celebration gift basket question, you'll need to collect it at check-in. Ours wasn't actually ready as we had already been in Orlando for a few days and arrived at Coronado Springs in the morning, but hopefully yours is if you're heading straight from MCO to your resort.

The best bit of the package is the cooler bag they throw everything else in! From memory, the contents were a few bags of crisps, two Pez dispensers, two medallions, two Mickey ear-hats, two drinks bottles, some hard candy lollipop things, and some trail-mix.

Just to add-on about the dining credit too and say that as others have mentioned, adding it to the wallet on your phone is the easiest thing to do. Some CM's hadn't seen it before mind, so we took a few of them by surprise!

Thanks for that. We're heading directly to our resort (Coronado Springs as it happens!) from MCO, so we should be there early evening. Sounds like we get quite the haul. I do remember reading about the contents, but it was a while ago!

As for the dining card, I'm assuming it will work with Google Wallet (I don't have an iPhone)

Upvote 0

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
Another related question:

Can you use the Dining Credit card at the Food and Wine booths? I found a document which listed the locations it was accepted, but F&W wasn't listed.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom