No Hope for October? If so...January?

WonderWab

My mom has gotten the itch to go back to WDW and now it has infected me, so we are starting to look at prospective dates. We had come up with the best dates of Thursday, October 6th through Tuesday, October 11th as it aligns best with my college break calendar and her work. However, we are very much stuck to always wanting to stay on property likely at Pop Century or one of the All-Stars, and there appears to be no availability at all on-property during those dates! Do you believe on-property availability (specifically at Pop Century or an All-Star) will open up for those dates?

OR do we start planning for Thursday, January 5th through Tuesday, January 10th? For us it is sooner the better, but we are willing to wait to be able to stay on property. (Plus maybe Tron will be open by then? 😅)

Let me know your thoughts!

nickys

Premium Member
Just be aware that week in January is the runDisney event. I don’t know what resorts they use as official resorts, might be one value one.

Might want to book something now. You can always cancel if you have to.

Upvote 0

belledream

I ran into the same limited availability while planning a trip about half a year away. I searched my desired dates multiple times a day, every day, and make a few tweaks in the dates until I finally found an opening one day. So it can happen, but you’d have to be pretty persistent.

I’d go ahead and secure January ASAP.

Upvote 0

Raxel7851

My mom has gotten the itch to go back to WDW and now it has infected me, so we are starting to look at prospective dates. We had come up with the best dates of Thursday, October 6th through Tuesday, October 11th as it aligns best with my college break calendar and her work. However, we are very much stuck to always wanting to stay on property likely at Pop Century or one of the All-Stars, and there appears to be no availability at all on-property during those dates! Do you believe on-property availability (specifically at Pop Century or an All-Star) will open up for those dates?

OR do we start planning for Thursday, January 5th through Tuesday, January 10th? For us it is sooner the better, but we are willing to wait to be able to stay on property. (Plus maybe Tron will be open by then? 😅)

Did you try calling Disney Reservations directly? Sometimes the WDW site doesn’t have real time availability. We’ve done that several times and sometimes they find something to your liking. As others have replied, I’d definitely stay away from any race week. Good Luck with your trip! I hope it works out for you. Don’t forget your park reservations too.

Upvote 0

Leo!

I'll be in Orlando from Oct 11 to 14th. Work related trip. I checked if there was something available and looks like almost anything on property is fully booked. Called to wdw but only deluxes and high-end rooms...

I'd plan for Jan or maybe other month.

Upvote 0

Lilofan

Early January is Run Disney events . You don't want to go on vacation at that time

Upvote 0

tclapper2

Did you know that Jan 5--Jan10 is over run with runners? It's like Christmas Day! And all the rooms are full--and I do mean that ALL rooms are full!! Last year I had forgotten the first Monday in January when I made reservations--one night only. I waitlisted 11 months ahead, and finally I reserved a cash night of $700 at Boardwalk studio. I got that night switched to points(DVC) two weeks before we left home in December, so we could watch the run where all the millions of runners run thru all the parks and out of Epcot by the front of Boardwalk and out by the bridge there toward MGM so they could run thru the back of the resort at 6:30 in the morning. We enjoyed it so much that now we reserve our room 11 months in advance--beginning at Dec.30 to Jan 12 in a boardwalk view room so we can see it all. NO NO NO don't go to Disney that first week in January. I know how difficult it is to get a room on-property in January, since we have been staying on property since 1978. But if you can only get one night to start, you can then waitlist for the other nights. And keep trying! Anything is possible if you keep at it!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom